Make a donation

Author Topic: Volant Intake System for TFSI  (Read 73066 times)

Offline Tamiyoman

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
Re: Volant Intake System for TFSI
« Reply #30 on: February 29, 2012, 12:35:12 am »
At present i dont believe there is a version for ko4 but i think this could change if there was enough interest and im sure they could knock somthing up. Also from what i can see nothing for the TSI yet.

As for the one on ebay that is the gen 1 kit with gen 2 not being available intill april. This is why i havent already bought one as i am waiting for the gen 2 which should produce beter results in terms of power and torque.

For engine movment question to answer this is simple "I dont have a clue"

How ever if people want to leave me some questions to ask i can copy them all and email the guy who makes them and see what he say's.

Ask him if they plan to do K04 version or if they supply a pipe to fit (are they not the same housing, only different blades, is aperture not same?)
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline donovan2123

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2012, 06:06:38 pm »
I have had a response.

No plans for KO4 cars full stop from sounds of it! Although i reckon it would be to hard to adapt a kit for ko4.

The new 2.0TSi found in the new GTI is somthing there currently making and ETA is 8-12 weeks.

Also to answer the engine movment question there response is below
"We have sold 100's of intakes, tested on my personal car "2006 GTI" for over a year without any fitment or performance issues"

Offline Squeeguk

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 28
    • Avante Auto - Still under construction
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2012, 06:38:56 pm »
What are the chances of arranging a group buy and any idea what the costs would be?

Avante Auto - For all your Auto Electronics and Car Audio needs including retrofits down South
PM me or call 0845 116 8870 for advice or pricing. Special Discount for Forum members

Offline donovan2123

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2012, 06:43:33 pm »
Yes we could arrange a group buy. But it wouldnt be intill april-may time as this is when the newer generation 2 kit comes out which apparantly looks the same but flows much beter than gen 1.

They have told me to email them first week of april in regards to group buy or buying.

Offline donovan2123

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2012, 06:46:54 pm »
Gen 1 = 700cfm
Gen 2 = 825cfm

The only difference between gen 1 and 2 will be the filter. So what you see on first page is what you will get With the new gen 2 filter, if we get a group buy going next month.

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2012, 06:47:00 pm »
I have had a response.

No plans for KO4 cars full stop from sounds of it! Although i reckon it would be to hard to adapt a kit for ko4.

The new 2.0TSi found in the new GTI is somthing there currently making and ETA is 8-12 weeks.

Also to answer the engine movment question there response is below
"We have sold 100's of intakes, tested on my personal car "2006 GTI" for over a year without any fitment or performance issues"

Did you mean "Although i reckon it would NOT be to hard to adapt a kit for ko4?"

Or is there no way?. I though inlet pipes were same?, diameter fitting etc?, or am I wrong?

Anyone?

Offline donovan2123

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2012, 06:58:42 pm »
Well i dont have a ko4 so i am not 100% sure but i reckon a adaptor which adds a connection at the intake for you to put the rubber pipe would do the job.

I have seen these type of connectors before when trying to connect a boost guage to rubber, silicone or plastic which can not be tapped.

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2012, 07:07:16 pm »
I was just wondering if the intake port (where rubber pipe attaches from turbo to the Volant) is same size on K03 as K04?

Offline donovan2123

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2012, 07:09:49 pm »
That i dont know. But im sure someone on here will no the answer.

Offline blackmagic

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2012, 10:41:49 pm »
Also need to check that the pipe diameter were the MAF is the correct size otherwise will cause problems.

I'm currently looking into an intake and have been for ages but haven't found one that works for me yet. If you do get one keep us all updated with a small review / dyno results etc.

Black GTI K03 Revo Stage 2+,

Offline nezquick

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 33
« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2012, 10:04:33 am »
Gen 1 = 700cfm
Gen 2 = 825cfm

The only difference between gen 1 and 2 will be the filter. So what you see on first page is what you will get With the new gen 2 filter, if we get a group buy going next month.

Is this group buy going to happen? id be interested depending on price! (you could be checky and like someone mentioned expanding market and that the cars attend shows regularly and try and squeeze a little off  :innocent: )

Offline gazon69

• Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 34
« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2012, 03:37:58 pm »
Any sort of update on this. It looks the shizzle.

Offline sub39h

• Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2012, 03:55:19 pm »
i'm interested too...
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2012, 05:29:28 pm »

I really like that.  Looks very OEM, no doubt its nice and quiet, it incorporates two cold air feeds: slam panel and headlight, also like the tapered pipe design.

What's the filter size?  I'm guessing from the diameter of the pipe entering the box, its a monster

....I like the look of that too - Not just the styling but that it takes air from both sources like the Forge Twintake does. The only advantage the Twintake would have is a much larger total filter surface area with its twin filters.

And where is that carbon engine cover available from!?  :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Bigger n better pics?

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2012, 06:44:58 pm »
I was just wondering if the intake port (where rubber pipe attaches from turbo to the Volant) is same size on K03 as K04?

Yes they are the only difference is the air pipe take off for the DV. Hence you can fit a K04 Twintake to a K03 and use the supplied bung to block the pipe off  :happy2: