All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area
Intake porn..
RedRobin:
--- Quote from: tony_danza on May 02, 2009, 09:19:50 pm ---
There's a lot of people say the OEM system is actually quite effective, the kind of people who don't sell intakes... Maybe not so much as you start to go into big power, but certainly capable enough with a decent filter.
--- End quote ---
....Well, The Red Temptress (VWR's 300R demo GTI) does pretty well on stock. Though I'm not currently up to date on what she's running.
tony_danza:
I was looking around a lot of the VWR cars at Oulton and I noticed nearly all of the were running an OEM airbox with maybe a crude intake scoop at best - but then, they're all restricted to power output, so do they need the benefit?
I'm not convinced all the ones on the market actually offer any benefit, it takes a lot of thought and intelligent design to achieve something effective, and that is often too cost prohibitive to make it salable... who'd spunk that kind of money on the GruppeM one without absolute, independant proof it was worth the money?
RedRobin:
^^^^
Which is why a pretty looking CF Carbonio and a decent panel filter such as ITG, is not to be frowned upon.
Btw, SnailMail left here today First Class to you with something black and shiny.
Hurdy:
MMMMMMM......carbon fibre python....never thought I'd see those words together in a sentence :signLOL:
Jonny, that intake looks rather goddam sexy :drool:
jonnyc:
--- Quote from: Hurdy on May 02, 2009, 10:51:37 pm ---MMMMMMM......carbon fibre python....never thought I'd see those words together in a sentence :signLOL:
Jonny, that intake looks rather goddam sexy :drool:
--- End quote ---
Haha..
Forgot to mention, the whole thing weights less than 2kg! :smiley:
Navigation
[0] Message Index
[#] Next page
[*] Previous page
Go to full version