Make a donation

Author Topic: ±±±±±± Formula 1, 2012 Season. ±±±±±  (Read 153538 times)

Offline Greeners

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
Re: ±±±±±± Formula 1, 2012 Season. ±±±±±
« Reply #540 on: September 05, 2012, 09:23:04 pm »
Now this is amazing news!

What an inspiration!  :congrats:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/disability-sport/19493510

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #541 on: September 05, 2012, 09:28:35 pm »
^^^^ Can only second that, an inspiration to all  :notworthy: :notworthy:

genuinely had no idea that he was in this. Was meant to go to Brands today but had other things to do, feel like I missed out now.  :sad1:

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #542 on: September 05, 2012, 11:24:31 pm »

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #543 on: September 06, 2012, 07:02:29 am »
one for the hammy haters  :signLOL:

http://www.pitlanemagazine.com/magazine/?p=213

What a great article. Very well balanced. Certainly throws some doubt over who was really to blame during the spat with Fernando.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #544 on: September 06, 2012, 09:45:48 am »
one for the hammy haters

http://www.pitlanemagazine.com/magazine/?p=213

.....Excellent article and insight, Pov  :happy2:

(Sent from my iPad @ JKM)

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • Mk7 R
« Reply #545 on: September 08, 2012, 06:13:54 pm »
Hamilton and Button on the front row for tomorrow's race. At least the young man is not letting all the speculation about his future affect his driving. Great Quali' for Di Resta, shame he has to drop down though. Gonzo in 10th  :confused:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #546 on: September 08, 2012, 08:13:21 pm »
Gonzo had a car problem which has already been fixed. So expect him to feature tomorrow in the race.

Very pleased to see Massa do well. He's not the same since his big accident but today was good for his self-esteem.

I hadn't realised that Maldanado had got 2 x 5 penalty places - 5 places for false start plus 5 places for 'bad driving'. He should be starting from the pit lane just for his false start IMO.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Makaveli

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #547 on: September 09, 2012, 02:50:57 pm »
Well done Lewis Hamilton!

Offline RobH

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 9
  • Revo stg 2+
« Reply #548 on: September 09, 2012, 03:26:16 pm »
Dissapointed no 1-2 :sad1:

Perez was immense but really dont want to see him getting f**ked over at ferrari playing second fiddle to gonzo, he deserves a chance to compete, he wont get that at ferrari as a No.2.

Offline driver rider

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #549 on: September 09, 2012, 05:16:10 pm »
I think he recognises that, he's said many a time that he'll be staying at sauber.  Nice one lewis.  I said a while back lewis will take the title and I really feel mclaren will out develop ferrari in the run in.
3 Door GTI Black, Cruise Control, DSG, Factory Tints, Folding Mirrors, Heated Seats, Highline Display, Leather, Monza II's, MFSW, Parking Sensors, Puddle Lights,  Xenons,

To be fitted....Bluetooth,DVB-T, MDI, RNS510, Stage one (opinions much appreciated)

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • Mk7 R
« Reply #550 on: September 13, 2012, 03:11:31 pm »
Sid Watkins, Former medical head of F1 for nearly 30 years has passed away. No one did more to further driver safety than Professor Sid Watkins. RIP.

Just been reading this, brings back chilling memories  :sad1:

The man affectionately known within the sport as ‘Prof’, an infectious character and a big part of the Formula One furniture for over three decades, is widely credited with a dramatic improvement in safety during that period.

A close friend of the late great Ayrton Senna, Watkins is particularly remembered for his role that fateful weekend at Imola in 1994, which claimed the life of the Brazilian and another driver, Austrian Roland Ratzenberger.
Watkins famously advised Senna to quit after seeing how badly shaken the Brazilian was by Ratzenberger’s death, as well as another serious accident involving Senna’s young countryman Rubens Barrichello.

"What else do you need to do?" Watkins asked Senna. "You've been world champion three times. You are obviously the quickest driver. Give it up and let's go fishing".

Senna replied: "Sid, there are certain things over which we have no control. I cannot quit, I have to go on."
Twenty-four hours later Watkins attended to Senna after his fatal crash at Tamburello, performing an on-site tracheotomy.

He later recalled: “He looked serene. I raised his eyelids and it was clear from his pupils that he had a massive brain injury. We lifted him from the cockpit and laid him on the ground. As we did, he sighed and, although I am not religious, I felt his spirit depart at that moment.”

Offline driver rider

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #551 on: September 16, 2012, 01:48:56 am »
Sid Watkins, Former medical head of F1 for nearly 30 years has passed away. No one did more to further driver safety than Professor Sid Watkins. RIP.

Just been reading this, brings back chilling memories  :sad1:

The man affectionately known within the sport as ‘Prof’, an infectious character and a big part of the Formula One furniture for over three decades, is widely credited with a dramatic improvement in safety during that period.

A close friend of the late great Ayrton Senna, Watkins is particularly remembered for his role that fateful weekend at Imola in 1994, which claimed the life of the Brazilian and another driver, Austrian Roland Ratzenberger.
Watkins famously advised Senna to quit after seeing how badly shaken the Brazilian was by Ratzenberger’s death, as well as another serious accident involving Senna’s young countryman Rubens Barrichello.

"What else do you need to do?" Watkins asked Senna. "You've been world champion three times. You are obviously the quickest driver. Give it up and let's go fishing".

Senna replied: "Sid, there are certain things over which we have no control. I cannot quit, I have to go on."
Twenty-four hours later Watkins attended to Senna after his fatal crash at Tamburello, performing an on-site tracheotomy.

He later recalled: “He looked serene. I raised his eyelids and it was clear from his pupils that he had a massive brain injury. We lifted him from the cockpit and laid him on the ground. As we did, he sighed and, although I am not religious, I felt his spirit depart at that moment.”

:sad1: 

sad on so many levels.
3 Door GTI Black, Cruise Control, DSG, Factory Tints, Folding Mirrors, Heated Seats, Highline Display, Leather, Monza II's, MFSW, Parking Sensors, Puddle Lights,  Xenons,

To be fitted....Bluetooth,DVB-T, MDI, RNS510, Stage one (opinions much appreciated)

Offline Nodz

• Thank You
  • -Given: 73
  • -Receive: 103
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,29264.0.html
« Reply #552 on: September 19, 2012, 06:47:35 am »
There goes next seasons coverage. Jake is moving to BT to host Premier League football
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/19635534

Offline jedi-knight83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 41
    • Cambridge Autogleam Detailing
« Reply #553 on: September 19, 2012, 09:59:42 am »
There goes next seasons coverage. Jake is moving to BT to host Premier League football
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/19635534

saw this.

big shame. I like the presenting team on BBC and when BBC did the race live I always chose them over sky.

Is BBCs F1 deal supposed to be continuing next year? Now the olympics are over I wonder if they will want more coverage again? They had to lose out on alot because the olympics cost them so much (hence why top gear is not on again till next year)
Golf GTI DSG "ED30 Tribute" - RTech: 254bhp / 323lbft | MK6 GTI DSG S.Wheel | MK6 GTI speedo | MK6 climate | RCD510DAB | Bluetooth | Milltek Cat back | H&R Springs & Rear ARB | WALK | 19" BBS CH | MK7R 340mm brakes - INFO

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #554 on: September 19, 2012, 10:40:19 am »

Is BBCs F1 deal supposed to be continuing next year? Now the olympics are over I wonder if they will want more coverage again? They had to lose out on alot because the olympics cost them so much (hence why top gear is not on again till next year)

The reason Top Gear is not on until next year is indeed because of the Olympics coverage, but that has nothing to do with the programmes budget. They won't run it during Autumn/Winter because of competition with Strictly Come Dancing and the X-Factor.

And there is no way the BBC will compete for F1 broadcasting rights again. It's widely known that they never wanted the deal in the first place, and actively promoted Sky when the tender for coverage was up for renewal. I'd think it more likely to see it go back to ITV.