All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area
Is this you TC?
JPC:
--- Quote from: Top Cat on May 08, 2009, 09:43:08 am ---
--- End quote ---
i fooking love that tom!!
JPC:
just my two cents, i have a GT and have no problem agreeing with the fact it is a "lesser model" in the golf mk5 range, comparably!
AndyS R32:
--- Quote from: 08micsta on May 08, 2009, 09:40:11 am ---
--- Quote ---I never said the gti or ed30 are lesser models either, far from it, they just offer something different. The GT is a lesser model, its supposed to be hence the lack of the 'i' after gt.
--- End quote ---
:angry015:
Thats absolute tosh. Thats like saying a R8 is less of a vehicle because it doesnt have the "S" part from RS4. . . .
I hope you dont believe what you just said... All things considered I do believe a R32 was beaten by a 1.4TSI or whateva its called. You should be the last to judge all things considered.
Mike
--- End quote ---
I'm sorry but I agree the GT is a lesser model than the R32/Ed30 orGTi hence it cost less has less power lower spec etc
It's like the SE spec cars are lesser models than the GT
You can't really compare the R8 to the RS4 as they are completely different models and do completely different things
If someone said you can have an RS4 or an S4 would you consider them the same?
No one said it was a lesser vehicle but like I said earlier it's down to each individuals requirements,funds and practicality.
I just think people need to enjoy what they have and realise not everyone likes or thinks the same.
After all that would make life a little boring and we'd all be driving boxes..
As for the so called beating was it really a race?
And after all it was only an old MK4..lol
Just my opinion of course... :grin:
JPC:
and here comes that famous sayin, that makes everyone on here feel fuzzy and warm inside!
ETTO aka each to their own! now can we all hug and make up? haha!
08micsta:
The thing JPC is that it is not lesser....
The GTI, .:R32, Edition 30 and GT's are all the same car. Its just the trim and engine that varies.
1. Your cars build quality is the same as Jules right?
2. Your car came from the same factory?
3. You car passed the same quality tests as the R32 etc go through correct?
4. Your vehicle was designed by VW? The same blokes that designed the GTI, R32 etc etc.
5. Your car is a MK5 is it not?
Then how on earth is it lesser compared to any other MK5? Jules is comparing Apples to Apples and because yours isnt as Red/Green as his he sees it as lesser. Thats rubbish and narrow minded in my opinion.
Now.... On another level...
If you had a Polo and Jules had a .:R and he said the Polo was lesser I would agree. Its a different platform. Different design and is a completely different car for a completely different market.
Once again. Here things change because you are comparing Apples to Grapes. There is a difference. Its like comparing a Veyron to a Porsche.
Am I making sense?
Navigation
[0] Message Index
[#] Next page
[*] Previous page
Go to full version