All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

Is this you TC?

<< < (15/17) > >>

08micsta:
Hi


--- Quote ---You seem to have a big issue with R32 owners,
--- End quote ---

I have no issue with .:R32 owners. I love the .:R. I do have an issue (something esp noticeable here in SA) with the attitude that most (Not all) .:R owners seem to have. Personally I dont care what a person drives. You shouldnt be calling other vehicles and therefore inadvertantly their owners lesser than you. And nothing bad happened to me in hostel. I was merely stating that your choice of portraying your opinion was done in what seemed to be the manner of a 16 year old waving his willy.


--- Quote ---The GT is a lesser model and the car under that is its lesser model.
--- End quote ---

On this point we disagree. My mum wanted a R32. But because it only comes in 3 door here she had to take the GTI. Are you trying to say she "downgraded"? I dont think so. As I stated. Both cars were designed by the same people, in the same building and built on the same plant. Both vehicles have the same safety standards, quality standards and both are built on the exact same platform. Its comparing apples to apples imho.


--- Quote ---I also didnt do it over and over again, i dont know anything about lesser models (they dont interest me) the only negative was 'i would rather walk'.
--- End quote ---

When I paid for marketing rights on a detailing forum all I could do was go on about my own detailing range cos I felt it was the best... I didnt realise it until someone showed me. I argued blue murder that I had only done it once. But I hadnt and neither have you. Look at any post on golfgtiforum.co.uk where anyone has so much as critiqued or challenged an .:R and there will be a post on there from you which is usually written in a very challenging and sometimes rude manner. Please dont make me waste my time digging them out. Your lack of interest in other models also in my understanding states clearly that you dont respect the other models in the range. Thats your personal choice of course. But you also need to realise that if thats your attitude then you should expect that you will upset members like myself.


--- Quote ---I and other r32 (and S3) owners get on fine with GTI and Ed30 owners on both this forum and the golfgtiforum, seems to be just you with the problem mate which is a shame.
--- End quote ---

I agree on some levels. I also get along perfectly with all owners on any forum with any vehicle. Im lucky as I dont personally own a Golf myself. This means I dont feel biased towards any particular model as I have never owned, driven or compared any of the Golf models.

In a sense the point Im trying to make is that its not fair to automatically assume (Unless you have proof from VW that it is) their flagship car and to assume and pronounce that all Golfs that are not .:R's are lesser.

Mike

Top Cat:
I thought you were not going to reply anymore Micsta.  :laugh:

08micsta:
Sorry Uncle T.

But this is something that I feel strongly about and I feel that this discussion should be had and can be controlled by the Moderators if it was to get out of hand (Which it wont). This is a case where sometimes going against yourself is needed.

Mike

Jules86:
VW do see it as the flagship. Any car companies top (i.e. most expensive and luxurious model) is their flagship

Audi - R8
BMW -M3
Porsche - 911

etc etc

I defend my car when it is put down unjustly, i dont put down other peoples cars, feel free to dig them up. This is to do with this example (within the two threads) and my apology was directed at him (so i did it once)

Appreciate the time you took for the reply  :happy2:

08micsta:
Thanks Mate :)

Its good to have a decent discussion that doesn't involve calling the police. lol

Quick question. What's ur opinion on Haldex?

Mike

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version