All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

Quick question for Redrobin

(1/5) > >>

Norbreck21a:
Robin, been admiring your GTI for some time now. I really like the look of the LED rear lights. Just wanted to ask a couple of questions if I may ?

Firstly, are these the so called "genuine" VW ones and if so, were they available in RHD, as every pair I have been looking at are only in LHD ?

Do they need anything special to be fitted (like resistors) to stop the bulb warning light coming on ?

Any idea where I could pick some up from and approx how much ?

Cheers,
Andrew

bacillus:
This thread may help in sourcing the lights. http://www.tyresmoke.net/forum/vw-golf-gti-forum/117333-rear-leds.html

All are LHD so you have to switch the reverse and rear fogs lights to make it UK legal.

RedRobin:
....

Hi Andrew,

Yes, they are genuine VW parts and you only need to swop the inner red (fog) and white (reversing) lenses over.

I got them from VWSpeed but I don't think he's importing them at the moment due to foreign exchange rate I heard.

They display signals far better than the stock tail lights. cmdrfire has some on his GTI too.

Norbreck21a:
Cheers guys, info very much appreciated.  :happy2:

Greeners:
TC has these too so may be worth asking where he got his from!  :happy2:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version