All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

Quick question for Redrobin

<< < (2/5) > >>

tony_danza:
Me too.

I think VWSpeed may be starting to drag stuff in again from Europe, certainly worth a phone call - he's also been relocating to Manchester, so he's just been ticking over whilst getting sorted.

Norbreck21a:

--- Quote from: tony_danza on May 07, 2009, 10:39:32 am ---Me too.

I think VWSpeed may be starting to drag stuff in again from Europe, certainly worth a phone call - he's also been relocating to Manchester, so he's just been ticking over whilst getting sorted.


--- End quote ---

Ooh... Manchester, that's just 30 minutes away from me. Cheers Tony. P.S. the lights look really bright in that shot.

Just for information, the reason I am looking to change, is partly cosmetic (i.e. they look better) but as Robin said, also partly safety. I had a very near miss the other night. I was braking to turn right (and indicating at the same time), and just as I was about to turn, some d*ck in an Astra tried to overtake me. Needless to say he slammed on and so did I.

A quiet word was had with the lad ( :wink:) and he apologised and said that he didn't see my indicator and tried to tell me it was my fault for not signalling. Needless to say, he thought better of that statement after a quiet word by my mate (passenger) and me.  :happy2:

RedRobin:

--- Quote from: Norbreck21a on May 07, 2009, 11:21:43 am ---
Just for information, the reason I am looking to change, is partly cosmetic (i.e. they look better) but as Robin said, also partly safety. I had a very near miss the other night. I was braking to turn right (and indicating at the same time), and just as I was about to turn, some d*ck in an Astra tried to overtake me. Needless to say he slammed on and so did I.


--- End quote ---

....That's exactly the same reason which justified my liking their appearance enough to change to them. In my case it was a lorry!

It's a bad design fault in all the Mk5 tails. Brake light masks the indicator and it's especially likely to happen with DSG cars because your foot will be on the brake.

tony_danza:
Same here, the OEM lights are shockingly dangerous - the LEDs are far, far superior.

See this.

&feature=related

Norbreck21a:
Really think it's a must have now  :signLOL:

Saw Robins thread over at Tyresmoke, and think I will try and go down the route of installing the outers only (even though you still need to buy the inners), and using the ED30/R32 darkened inners.

This would mean not having to mess around with removing reflectors etc. AFAIK, (and please correct me if I am wrong), although the inners look like LEDS's there are none ? It's only a reverse and fog standard bulb with a dummy LED outer - right ?

Just need to find some LEDS at a decent price now !

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version