Make a donation

Author Topic: What's it worth?  (Read 1657 times)

Offline VC

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 93
    • Very Cherry Stickers and Decals
What's it worth?
« on: March 17, 2012, 04:46:59 pm »
Something i think could be quite valuable as a sticky in the sale section somewhere? For people who dont know the value of what they want to sell and could do with some advice from others who have the knowledge to be able to guide them without having an ulterior motive - ie steering people to a price they themselves would desire. Getting these kind of opinions could prove a helpful resource for people before they create a sale thread and would help them achieve a potentially successful sale. I know there will be those that overprice or know the value but this is aimed more for those who dont.

Advice only and no selling in that thread, nor shameless promotion of an item. Wouldnt need to be a section, just a thread that rolls onward kinda like the recent purchases thread

Thoughts?  :popcornsoda:

Been thinking about it mainly as i have a part for sale and dont know its value and i know its desirable so a thread like that would be pretty handy  :smiley:

Offline Weston

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 32
Re: What's it worth?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2012, 04:48:55 pm »
Sounds good. I've got quite a few bits that I have no idea what they're worth.
GTI going...

Offline Gti_Mad

• Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 40
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2012, 08:03:27 pm »
Sounds good. I've got quite a few bits that I have no idea what they're worth.

X2

Had the ED30, but not got the balls.

Mk5 silver 5door Ed30 1707- now sold
Mk6 silver 3door Golf R- current

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2012, 08:20:00 pm »
I can't see how this would be maintainable, how would you suggest this be handled?

Also I think everyone has a different opinion on what somethings worth anyway so it could just get ignored.

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2012, 08:22:41 pm »
A vehicle is only worth what someone wants to pay for it. There are loads of free guides and valuations on the web.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2012, 08:24:22 pm »
A vehicle is only worth what someone wants to pay for it. There are loads of free guides and valuations on the web.

I think VC is referring to parts more than cars  :happy2:

Offline VC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 93
    • Very Cherry Stickers and Decals
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2012, 08:28:39 pm »
definitely parts, not cars

not so sure it would need handling/maintaining as such, just a thread to ask for opinions?

my example would be - ive got a new pair of R-line brake retainer clips. I know they would sell, but dont know what the value of them would be.

i cant post a thread in say the general area as it would look as though i am trying to sell them in there and would more than likely create an offer or two in the thread when in reality those offers should be in a sale thread. I cant post them into the sale area without a price... so what do i do?

if there were a thread to ask for opinions, merely that, opinions to guide me to a price to sell them i could then make an educated decision on a price to sell them, then create a sale thread and off it runs. up to me wether to listen to that advice and its my own responsibility if i choose to do so.

so i guess its nothing more than a discussion thread, the parking place for it naturally being in the sale area somewhere. Not endorsed by the forum, and opinions are merely that and discussions are counted as nothing more than a guide for the seller to listen to or not, nothing more than being able to ask someone in an area where it would be allowed to ask.