Make a donation

Author Topic: Resonator for non res Milltek?  (Read 2403 times)

Offline Bazgti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
Resonator for non res Milltek?
« on: March 20, 2012, 01:49:21 am »
Hi guys,

Is it possible to put a resonator or some kind of muffler on a non res milltek. Its a waaaay to loud when i get a heavy right foot.

Bought my Edition 30 milltek turbo back system n had it fitted at awesome today along with a stage 2. 1 word.... Epic!! But sounds like a raf tornad0! :laugh:

Offline Gene Hunt

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 61
    • Email
Re: Resonator for non res Milltek?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 03:01:20 am »
''Yes'' you can mate. You just need a resonated section of the system. You can get it diresct from Milltek or they sometimes come up on here. Find it strange you find it loud tho?.When i had a non res on my last GTI i wanted it louder !!! :grin:.
ED35. Standard factory condition.

Offline Dan648v

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 26
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,39823.0.html
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 08:54:20 am »
I'd buy your non res section when you get your res section  :wink:
Revo Stage 2+ Edition 30 No.1089 with added carbon

Offline Bazgti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 10:43:52 am »
''Yes'' you can mate. You just need a resonated section of the system. You can get it diresct from Milltek or they sometimes come up on here. Find it strange you find it loud tho?.When i had a non res on my last GTI i wanted it louder !!! :grin:.

Really? My lord! Im scared of driving past a cemetary jus incase i wake anyone up... Not the best use of words buttttt you get the jist of the sound this way.  :ashamed:

Offline Gene Hunt

• Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 61
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2012, 11:42:05 am »

Really? My lord! Im scared of driving past a cemetary jus incase i wake anyone up... Not the best use of words buttttt you get the jist of the sound this way.  :ashamed:
..........i found it only just a bit louder than the factory system. :signLOL:
ED35. Standard factory condition.

Offline dodds-gttdi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 22
  • -Receive: 34
  • Edinburgh
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2012, 11:45:52 am »
Definitely not a comparison but I have a non res on a diesel and it is just as quiet as the OEM system.  :confused: You can change out the non resonated pipe for a resonator as that section of the exhaust is one smaal piece. Will hunt around on my PC when I get home for pictures to explain it.  :nerd:

Offline edd666999

• Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 89
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2012, 12:50:48 pm »
Where are you? Im in preston, i have a res section yo can buy if you can collect. PM if your interested.

Offline Bazgti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2012, 10:44:55 pm »
Where are you? Im in preston, i have a res section yo can buy if you can collect. PM if your interested.

Thanks mate but spent up for now. Im kind of enjoying scaring people wi it now tbh  :evilgrin:

Offline Bazgti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2012, 11:00:24 pm »

..........i found it only just a bit louder than the factory system. :signLOL:

Mines an ed30 1 n it doesnt seem like its broken to sound that way. Drivin normal is fine n motorways its jus a light burble but as soon as toe it, it goes wild n my tyres feel the pain!  :signLOL:

Offline dodds-gttdi

• Thank You
  • Edinburgh
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2012, 11:00:39 pm »
The very top part in this picture, the smallest pipe is the 'non-resonated' section of your exhaust. Quite easy to replace altho the mid box will probably be dearer than this pipe. Any videos to show us how loud your car is?

Offline Bazgti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2012, 11:07:10 pm »
Well bugger me... I thought it was the back box that made the difference in sound. Not as yet but il get it recorded 2moro. Any preference on outside or in the car sound?
Somebody will av to gimme the low down on uploading it tho. Never done 1 before.

Offline dodds-gttdi

• Thank You
  • Edinburgh
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2012, 11:32:02 pm »
Yeah the back box does have a lot to do with dampening the sound down but so does the middle box (resonator). I run this setup below for 3 months and it did make the exhaust note totally different. The setup was cat + mid-box + no backbox. I switched the milltek pictured above, so no cat, no midbox but a large backbox and it is much quieter.  :stupid:

Sorry for all the picture hore-ing.  :rolleye:

Offline Jussa

• Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 12
  • Bicester
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2012, 09:09:04 am »

You also need to realise that the GTi non res is far quieter than the Eddie's due to the thickness of the Pipe from the turbo (k03 vs K04) that's what I discovered going from GTi to S3, couldn't believe how much louder the K04 was  :happy2:
2010 3dr phantom black S-Tronic S3 - BCS TBE with 3½" DP - LOBA LO4xx turbo - LOBA HPFP - Revo CAI - H&R 25mm lowering springs - Forge 11mm spacers - RS4 fuel Pressure valve - THS intercooler - H&R front and rear ARB's - AEM water methanol injection

Offline nezquick

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 33
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2012, 09:14:44 am »
I love my resonated  :happy2: mated to a 3" downpipe it sounds sweeeeeeeeet  :drool:

Offline jimojameso

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 9
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2012, 09:24:23 am »
I have a resonated r32 style and accompanied with a map sounds awesome! I have a dsg so barp noise is amazing!! It sounds better now its been mapped!  :happy2:

I would def recommend the resonated version if you don't want to piss the neighbours off in the morning!
2010 Audi TT RS - Sepang Blue - 420BHP, 600NM