All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

Reliability of our MKV's

<< < (4/9) > >>

VeeDubDan:

--- Quote from: neg on May 08, 2009, 10:48:26 am ---
--- Quote from: VeeDubDan on May 08, 2009, 10:32:54 am ---
--- Quote from: neg on May 08, 2009, 10:05:37 am ---
--- Quote from: VeeDubDan on May 08, 2009, 09:02:56 am ---Are you selling up Neg? 

--- End quote ---

Sure am  :sad:

--- End quote ---

What you doing with the CHs, taking them off before you sell?

--- End quote ---

Yep, worth more off the car.  Will put on the wife's new car or sell - or maybe keep.  undecided at the mo.


Edit: unless I find a buyer who wants them on the car

--- End quote ---

I would be interested in the rims if you did decide to sell them.

Norbreck21a:

--- Quote from: RedRobin on May 08, 2009, 10:26:11 am ---
--- Quote from: Norbreck21a on May 08, 2009, 08:14:41 am ---
I was sat here this morning, browsing through my usual parade of VW forum sites, and it struck me that all you ever tend to see is people with problems (I guess that's what the foums are for). They go on about their car still being in warranty and going in again for it's 9th fault etc. etc.


--- End quote ---

....I don't agree. There are more threads which share the joy of owning a Mk5. This is especially true on this site.

--- End quote ---

Robin, your comment is certainly true of this site (which is why I now frequent more than all of the others). However there a number of other site that are very negative towards the MKV especially towards build quality. Now I've never owned a MK4, but it seems a lot of people compare them it the MK5. All I can say if the MK4 was that much better than the MK5, it must have been really special as after 43,000 miles, my motor is still tight, rattle and creak free and prefectly reliable.

A neighbour of mine with a 2 year old A3 however, has had nothing but problems and said he would never own another Audi! (I always thought that Audi's were a step UP in quality from the VW's ?)

Norbreck21a:
For JPC,

Oh, forgot to say Jay, I'll be contacting you in the next few weeks to take up your offer of a pro wash and PTG readings on the car, if that's still OK ?  :happy2:

The wheel man:
I think it could be a case of remembering the bad things you hear.  Im coming upto 4 years and the only think to go wrong (appart from the white worm!!) was a CV boot dont at the last servise just before the warranty ran out.  Also, its not that ofern that you will do a post like.... "drove to work today and guess what..... no problems"

You will allways got what i call Friday afternoon cars, no matter what they will always have problems

Norbreck21a:
I think the million dollar question is, would you recommend a MK5 to a family member ? With my experience, the answer would be Yes, in a heartbeat.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version