All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

Reliability of our MKV's

<< < (5/9) > >>

WhiteGTI:
Touching on what The Wheel Man says, people are far more likely to share bad experiences rather than good experiences. Good experiences are taken as a given.

Yeah there have been stories about the build quality of the MK4 interior is better than the MK5, but that the MK5 completely outdrives and outhandles the MK4.

To answer your question - yes I would recommend it to a family member, but I certainly don't believe that its the best car in its class in particular areas. And I would have no hesitation in recommending other 'hot hatches' to a family member either.

Norbreck21a:
I know what you are saying WhiteGTI. I wasn't trying to say that the MK5 Golf was the best car at everything in it's sector. If that were the case, there would be no need for a MK6, and no one would buy anything but a Golf. I have friends that have Focus ST's, Megane Sports and Astra VRX's. They all love them and I'm sure they are all great cars.

The thread really wasn't meant to be "our cars are the best in the world", just do we find it a reliable car, or did VW's game slip with the MK5 ? From my experiences (and the replies on here), I would say that it's certainly no worse than many of it's comtempories, but also maybe no better ?

WhiteGTI:
Lol sorry looking back on my reply I don't know why I put that bit in about the other cars, it wasn't exactly relevant haha!  :ashamed: :ashamed: :embarrassed:

Norbreck21a:
No worries mate  :happy2:.

We sometimes forget that there are another whole word of motors out there apart from our beloved Golf's.

JPC:
its a pretty good, well rounded discussion this. just why i like this forum! sorry....off topic!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version