Make a donation

Author Topic: Revo Stage1 Prices  (Read 11137 times)

Offline coop

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
Revo Stage1 Prices
« on: April 02, 2012, 05:13:53 pm »
Hey Guys, im looking around for a south west (Bristol) company to get my mk5 gti mapped. Ive decided to go for the revo stage 1, I spoke to these guys today http://www.streetwise-automotive.co.uk/ who Ive used in the past, and they have quoted me £500 + VAT to do the map, does this seem a bit pricey?

Saintsteve

Re: Revo Stage1 Prices
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 05:19:48 pm »
Soundsc about right, but still excessive for a remap, but as a non revo fan boy, then there's plenty other offerings around for half that, with full data logging support to check the health of the car.

Offline Hedge

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 10:42:54 pm »
Soundsc about right, but still excessive for a remap, but as a non revo fan boy, then there's plenty other offerings around for half that, with full data logging support to check the health of the car.

Really Steve. Such as?

Saintsteve

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2012, 10:45:17 pm »

Really Steve. Such as?
R-tech for £399 much better value for money, and that map can be adjusted to suit, not a generic Revo map , that's never at fault  :laugh:

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2012, 10:48:58 pm »
Now now girls....  :pomppomp:

Badger-5 is local to bristol too, he's a redo dealer but i think he does his own custom maps too.

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2012, 11:16:44 pm »

Really Steve. Such as?
R-tech for £399 much better value for money, and that map can be adjusted to suit, not a generic Revo map , that's never at fault  :laugh:

You have had a million faults with your chupper chips map Steve, when they have managed to send you the correct one.  :wink:
The guy didn't specifically ask for the revo haters to try and dissuade him.

To the op. I don't know if Streetwise offer the service, but best advice is to get your car on a rolling road before and after a map install to make sure you dont have hardware faults before installation.  Most decent Revo dealers will offer this service.  :happy2:

Saintsteve

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2012, 07:26:31 am »

Really Steve. Such as?

You have had a million faults with your chupper chips map Steve, when they have managed to send you the correct one.  :wink:
The guy didn't specifically ask for the revo haters to try and dissuade him.

To the op. I don't know if Streetwise offer the service, but best advice is to get your car on a rolling road before and after a map install to make sure you dont have hardware faults before installation.  Most decent Revo dealers will offer this service.  :happy2:

did I say bluefin or recommend it TC?  :confused:

As like you say there are other options, not just Revo. it isn't the best choice. Just pointing that out, as there is no law on posting that to the O.P   :indifferent:

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2012, 07:30:55 am »
If you can hold out for GTI International, they usually do deals eg 20% off. I got stage 1 and the sps switch for £420 all in. No rolling road though.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2012, 11:30:12 am »
Revo are well loved on here (APR map re-badged  :happy2:), they do decent maps but you pay for the priveledge at £600 inc VAT (£598.80 if your pedantic), same price as APR and in my opinion both overpriced, yes with APR you get cruise switching (if you need it) and with Revo you get SPS,  other options below:-

Jabbasport £420 inc VAT

R-Tech Start from £200 and rise to £350  inc VAT depends on what you want power wise.

Shark £399 (some companies have offers at £299 for shark) ansd they do a switch for £150 should you want it (Saving £150 over Revo or APR)

Superchips Bluefin £445  inc VAT

All quote roughly the same power with exception of Blufin offering about 15bhp less than others.

Regards rolling road before and after (before for testing your car is running right) and g (again to make sure map has taken corrrectly and is running within tolerances) but any decent tuner will do this anyway, its not limited to Revo.

P.S. I am not a hater of any tuning house, just dislike those that overcharge for essentially the same product "Just because they can do", when it comes to tuning I am not a sheep i prefer to do my own thing, if that means I have 7bhp less than all the sheep then so be it, but I probably also saved a few ££ too in the process, its not all about power and MAX figures its about "Useability" and a nice linear map for me :happy2:

Stepping off ma soapbox now  :P
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 06:06:44 pm by Tamiyoman »
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline coop

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2012, 02:27:26 pm »
Thanks guys for the advice, I think im just going to go with streetwise, I just wanted to check im not being totaly riped off. They've said they will let me know the bhp before and after so i assume this means there going to put it on their rolling road, they also say I can bring it back anytime free of charge to make any adjustments. Cheers

Offline driver rider

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2012, 07:52:00 pm »
I'm looking at remaps as well but trying to find the most suitable in terms of cost, distance, time, reliability, aftersales support and also a custom rolling road map as opposed to a generic map and a full mechanical check is proving very difficult.

I really don't know where to start and some maps seem incredibly dear.

3 Door GTI Black, Cruise Control, DSG, Factory Tints, Folding Mirrors, Heated Seats, Highline Display, Leather, Monza II's, MFSW, Parking Sensors, Puddle Lights,  Xenons,

To be fitted....Bluetooth,DVB-T, MDI, RNS510, Stage one (opinions much appreciated)

Offline PDT

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 142
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2012, 09:14:11 pm »
I'm looking at remaps as well but trying to find the most suitable in terms of cost, distance, time, reliability, aftersales support and also a custom rolling road map as opposed to a generic map and a full mechanical check is proving very difficult.

Where are you located? I know a lot of tuners up and down the country and can probably give you a reccomendation.

Offline driver rider

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2012, 10:32:10 pm »

Where are you located? I know a lot of tuners up and down the country and can probably give you a reccomendation.

I am based in south london, croydon specifically.  Although I do not mind travelling.  Though I would like local in case of problems with the map.
3 Door GTI Black, Cruise Control, DSG, Factory Tints, Folding Mirrors, Heated Seats, Highline Display, Leather, Monza II's, MFSW, Parking Sensors, Puddle Lights,  Xenons,

To be fitted....Bluetooth,DVB-T, MDI, RNS510, Stage one (opinions much appreciated)

Offline PDT

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 142
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2012, 07:44:56 pm »
Pm me, I have some contacts close to you that offer REVO and have a dyno  :happy2: they can also offer genuine custom mapping.

Offline driver rider

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2012, 07:51:45 pm »
PM'd