All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

Tyre Rim Protector

<< < (4/5) > >>

pazz:
Tyre width? Either way 19's are never really safe from kerbing  cause the sidewall's are usually tiny :sad:

182_blue:

--- Quote from: pazz on May 11, 2009, 08:04:23 pm ---Tyre width? Either way 19's are never really safe from kerbing  cause the sidewall's are usually tiny :sad:

--- End quote ---

235's, that said the 18inch  ST alloys with conti 2's on didnt fair any better  :ashamed:

Gene Hunt:
Rim protecters are about as much use as an ash tray on a motorbike.

stealthwolf:
^^^+1.

I've kerbed my rims (not when parking!) and all that I've found is a small tear in the rim protector (tyres still intact according to four different independent specialists!).

pazz:
I was also raising the point about the different fitment of tyres that seems to be on the market. Take for example the pictures I posted up.

Both are exactly the same size tyres, yet they fit the tyre differently. Conti 2's almost fit the tyre completly square.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version