All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

Rear wiper replacement

(1/3) > >>

flywalker:
Having had problems with the rear wiper on my 05 GTI,  I've decided to replace it with a wiper motor  I got from ebay. I found VERY CHERRY s post with how to remove/replace the rear wiper motor but does anyone know is removing the " lower rear  lid (hatch) trim" to get access to the motor easy ?  Any tips as where to start or how to.. without damaging the trim ?
Thanks 

joesgti:
pull it very very hard!! it will feel like its going to snap but it shouldnt!! i did mine when removing my wiper, cant get it back on propably though,  :rolleye:

flywalker:
Cool thanks .   Hopefully I have better luck getting the trim back on then ....

VeeDubDan:
This thread might help  :happy2:

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=4127.0

TomB:
What was your wiper motor doing?  Mine's started wagging away every other startup and when it has a moment it stops anywhere it wants!

I swapped my inner lights the other day, I found that from the bottom was the best place to start when removing and at the top when putting it back on.  Don't forget to remove the 2 screws in the grab handles.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version