Make a donation

Author Topic: Limp mode since Bluefin fitted.  (Read 1749 times)

Offline TopsGTI

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
Limp mode since Bluefin fitted.
« on: April 18, 2012, 08:00:41 pm »
My car is a 2005 GTI no other mods and until Monday no problems with running.

So I decided to opt for Bluefin and on Monday it arrived and I duly fitted it without drama.

I then took to the road to see how the remap had altered things. Initially I just cruised along keeping the revs low and letting the engine get up to temp. After 15 minutes or so I started to test it out a little.

First impressions were excellent the car was totally transformed and much more lively than before. With a nice clear stretch ahead I gave her a bit more welly. Pulling hard in 6th and travelling uphill the accelerator died on me.

As the speed dropped off I tried to accelerate again but nothing at all happened, initially I thought I would have to pull over but at around 50mph everything came back to life. I managed to replicate the condition a second time again whilst driving uphill. Apart from this the car was fine accelerating to the redline in the first 4 gears just not happy at high speed.

I decided to take her home and speak to Superchips the following morning. Superchips suspect overboosting which they thought odd at Stage 1, but sent out another map with slightly lower boost.

Flashed the new map tonight and took her for a spin which instantly felt much slower and not at lively as before. On the same stretch of road whilst driving uphill the same symptoms I previously experienced appeared again at an almost identical speed as before :confused: On 2 occassions tonight the acceleration came back firstly at 80mph and then at 55mph.

Prior to the remap the car ran fine without issue so I am now wondering if the remap has magnified an underlying problem which was already lurking but on a smaller scale??

Any help in offering possible solutions before I start replacing bits under the bonnet would be much appreciated???

Cheer Tops

Offline TopsGTI

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
Re: Limp mode since Bluefin fitted.
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2012, 10:28:03 pm »
Any ideas???

Offline bacillus

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 451
Re: Limp mode since Bluefin fitted.
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 08:31:42 am »
Without scanning for fault codes and doing some live logging with vcds I suspect you won't get to the root cause of your problem. 
Without traction power is nothing!