All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

Greenlight insurance !!!!!!!!!!!!!.

<< < (3/5) > >>

true-blue:
I'm with priveledge (40 with 14 years no claims) and they've just charged me a whole £1 admin fee to swap from my Gti to my new Edition30,  I was suprised my premium didn't change at all!

curley:
You should count yourself lucky that they give you a quote.
If you have a Liverpool or Manchester postcode you dont get a look in lol

RedRobin:

--- Quote from: animal on May 14, 2009, 03:53:00 pm ---
--- Quote from: Gene Hunt on May 14, 2009, 03:22:05 pm ---
..........£472.70  :surprised:  :confused:!!!!!!!! they can kiss my ar*e.

--- End quote ---

Try insuring with standard insurer then. They either simply won't cover it or I'd wager they'd be more than that. If you feel that is excessive, I'd either reconsider modifying the car or try some other insurers to put it into context. The other thing to bare in mind is that if you modified it further still it's unlikely to go up a great deal.

With the utmost respect, you can't expect to modify a car and not pay a higher insurance premium.


--- End quote ---

.... x2

Greenlight are far cheaper than most other insurers and also know what various mods are and insure like-for-like. Nothing to complain about whatsoever.

RedRobin:

--- Quote from: chungster on May 14, 2009, 05:35:09 pm ---
I'm with Greenlight, and my modded premium was £100 LESS than insuring it as a standard car with a big insurer!!


--- End quote ---

....Same here. My modded premium with Greenlight is over £300 LESS!

Shaun:
I have to agree with the general concensus above. I recently switched to Greenlight based on the generally high opinion of them amongst folks on here and the fact that they were £300 cheaper then Zurich (t/a VW Insurance) wanted for my Ed30, and that was inclusive of the Bluefin remap for which Zurich wanted a further £200!

I am paying pretty much what they quoted you. I think if you compare as others have suggested you'll find that's pretty good for a GTI - how much is the 'standard' premium and what extra are they seeking for the exhaust and wheels?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version