Make a donation

Author Topic: Your hosepipe is still banned!  (Read 5316 times)

Offline Frenzy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 29
Your hosepipe is still banned!
« on: April 25, 2012, 08:30:40 pm »
check out this vid on the beeb: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17844171

made me lol, brilliant how they've edited the film so that the words don't fit the pictures  :signLOL:

a spokesman for a water company banging on about drought saying how joe public has to take on the onus whilst they can charge willy nilly for stuff that falls out of the skyand they waste in the gallons when they show a complete lack of urgency to fix burst mains. :fighting:

discuss  :popcornsoda:

Offline Hurdy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
Re: Your hosepipe is still banned!
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 08:38:42 pm »
No hosepipe ban up here in South Yorkshire!

They bang on about the water table levels and how they are very low, but surely most of the water we use comes from the reserviors and they are all spilling over up here! :confused:

I know what you mean about wasting water through leaks. You can plainly see at least half a dozen leaks around us when the roads are dry....and they have been there for absolutely ages.
Golf R gone.

Offline GrayMK5GTI

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 125
  • -Receive: 247
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2012, 08:40:55 pm »
No hosepipe ban up here in South Yorkshire!

They bang on about the water table levels and how they are very low, but surely most of the water we use comes from the reserviors and they are all spilling over up here! :confused:

I know what you mean about wasting water through leaks. You can plainly see at least half a dozen leaks around us when the roads are dry....and they have been there for absolutely ages.

Same here in Cheshire. Rain we have had today should keep everything topped up  :grin:
NOW: 2015 Golf R DSG 5 Door, Lapiz Blue, 19s, Discover Nav, Reversing Camera
GONE:2007 Black GTI Edition 30 3dr

Offline Nodz

• Thank You
  • -Given: 73
  • -Receive: 103
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,29264.0.html
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2012, 10:15:14 pm »
Not got one here either in Essex... Yet

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2012, 10:17:48 pm »
And in north Yorkshire

Offline Phil Miller

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 86
  • -Receive: 34
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2012, 10:29:46 pm »
We havent yet in Devon (i dont think anyway)
I pay water rates for our house and after southwest water told me it was the best part of £1000 a year i have decided they can f*ck themselfs if they think i will cut down on my water but still pay them a grand a year, they really grit my sh*t, thats like taking your car to the garage asking for a full service price being told its £180 you then say ok i just want the filters changed but dont bother checking the brakes and them saying its £180 and you say ok mate just do the filters and not the brakes, if they want me to use less then they can f*cking charge me less to make up for it, this f*cking country pisses me off at times

sorry rant over
2004 Golf 5dr TDI, 140 remap, GTI front bumper, skirts, highline cluster, 18in wheels, jamax coilovers, winter pack
WANTED HIGHLINE CCM AND CECM PLEASE PM ME IF YOU CAN HELP

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2012, 10:47:49 pm »
 Ohh woopy doo for you lot with your "no hosepipe ban here" posts.  Well here in Sussex we DO have the bloody hosepipe ban and yes I am adhering to it.  Don't get me wrong, I would quite happily flout the ban but due to nosy neighbours and SWMBO there no chance.   :booty:
 This became a particular annoyance yesterday as the car really needed a good clean. Didn't realise just how much I used the pressure washer until it was out of use.
 To top it all off Noah himself would be chuffed with the amount of wet stuff that fell from the heavens today (probably the wrong sort of rain though)!!
 :happy2: :drinking:

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline Phil Miller

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 86
  • -Receive: 34
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2012, 10:52:51 pm »
Ohh woopy doo for you lot with your "no hosepipe ban here" posts.  Well here in Sussex we DO have the bloody hosepipe ban and yes I am adhering to it.  Don't get me wrong, I would quite happily flout the ban but due to nosy neighbours and SWMBO there no chance.   :booty:
 This became a particular annoyance yesterday as the car really needed a good clean. Didn't realise just how much I used the pressure washer until it was out of use.
 To top it all off Noah himself would be chuffed with the amount of wet stuff that fell from the heavens today (probably the wrong sort of rain though)!!

well if it was me id be contacting my water company and informing them i want my water bill reduced in line with the fact i cant use the service im paying thro the nose for to the full amount, it takes the piss big time
2004 Golf 5dr TDI, 140 remap, GTI front bumper, skirts, highline cluster, 18in wheels, jamax coilovers, winter pack
WANTED HIGHLINE CCM AND CECM PLEASE PM ME IF YOU CAN HELP

Offline sub39h

• Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2012, 10:56:58 pm »
for the greater good i understand why they've had to introduce bans - if they didn't there wouldn't be enough to go around.

tbh i'd rather have a shower myself than give my car one. that can wait a week or two whereas i can't wait a week or two to bathe!

but i also think that if there are leaks, and they still introduce a ban you should have some of your rates back. if they can't be a*sed to fix them then they shouldn't be paid as much for the inconvenience
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2012, 11:21:43 pm »
We have a Hosepipe ban in Norfolk (or we did up until Monday anyway), I know we did not have rain here for the best part of 10 weeks, but for the last 2 weeks its done nothing but P155 down constantly, amazing how the garden has changed with 2 weeks of rain  :grin:, now if it can just bugger off for another 10 weeks I might be able to get on the golf course at some point!
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline jameelno1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 8
  • TDI Power
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2012, 11:29:23 pm »
apparently midlands is getting the ban soon dont think im stick with the rules
golf mk5 1.9 tdi

Offline Jussa

• Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 12
  • Bicester
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2012, 12:23:17 am »
Well the hosepipe ban is well and truly in effect in South East London, and will probably be here for ages yet, even though it's been battering it down for as long as I can remember  :signLOL:

I decided that buying my 1st Karcher during the introduction of this ban was obviously not the best idea, and have had it now for over 2 weeks but haven't been able to use it.  :confused:

I decided to fit a 210 litre water butt, and what do you know.........it filled up overnight  :signLOL: it has rained non-stop since then, and I'm sure I could have filled up 1000's of more litres!!!

Anyway, the question I have is how much of this 210 litres would I use to wash my car, would it use it all???  :popcornsoda:
2010 3dr phantom black S-Tronic S3 - BCS TBE with 3½" DP - LOBA LO4xx turbo - LOBA HPFP - Revo CAI - H&R 25mm lowering springs - Forge 11mm spacers - RS4 fuel Pressure valve - THS intercooler - H&R front and rear ARB's - AEM water methanol injection

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2012, 08:28:04 am »
We have a Hosepipe ban in Norfolk, but thats only because all the water we have here goes down to help those orange freaks in Essex shower after all the fake tanning  :signLOL:
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline Horatio

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2012, 08:39:57 am »

I think most pressure washers should work using a bucket as a water source. have you tried it?
2007 Black Magic DSG Golf GTI Edition 30. No.1231
.:R32 "milk and juice come in 2 litres"
I run a dirty campervan, need scrubbers

Offline nezquick

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 33
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2012, 09:17:04 am »
Well the hosepipe ban is well and truly in effect in South East London, and will probably be here for ages yet, even though it's been battering it down for as long as I can remember  :signLOL:

I decided that buying my 1st Karcher during the introduction of this ban was obviously not the best idea, and have had it now for over 2 weeks but haven't been able to use it.  :confused:

I decided to fit a 210 litre water butt, and what do you know.........it filled up overnight  :signLOL: it has rained non-stop since then, and I'm sure I could have filled up 1000's of more litres!!!

Anyway, the question I have is how much of this 210 litres would I use to wash my car, would it use it all???  :popcornsoda:

Jussa - that Tank is more than enough, I wash my car with approx 1&1/2 bucket to soak, 1 bucket to snow foam, 1 bucket to hand wash and then about 2 buckets to rinse off with the karcher feeding directly from them so probably only about 25/30 litres if that?! If you need any help setting the thing up to feed from the tank just let me know  :happy2: