All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area
Please help - About remapping
Toptrump:
I agree with Notnormal, I had my Subaru mapped on the road. A chap drives and another guy sits there on his laptop and they change the engine parameters every 500rpm or something giving a nice and smooth power curve. The map the GTI has is a APR from from Awesome and while this is a simple flash I didn't feel I needed whole hog this time around as I aren't investing the same sort of money I did when I had my Subaru.
If you really can't feel the difference between your car, perhaps you should take it back and ask them to look at it and make sure everything is OK. Perhaps even get a dyno run to see what the actually power out is. Although this can be meaningless without a before run. At least if you have a before and after you can see the increase/decrease etc.
I would really expect you to notice a 30bhp increase on a car. I can't see how my GTI is a lot more than that and it is certainly noticeable that it has been remapped.
I hope you get it sorted soon Richi.
Navigation
[0] Message Index
[*] Previous page
Go to full version