All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area
Please help - About remapping
Hurdy:
I agree with hedge.
Although what you also have to remember is that a lot of maps are generic and as such are then tweaked by the tuner to the individual car if the tuner decides your car has specific needs. I believe REVO do generic maps that can be tweaked for things like intake, exhaust etc using the 3 settings on the controller that comes with most of their maps.
Not many companies do truly custom remaps for individual cars and those that do will start off with some generic coding that can be built upon by utilising dyno's and road testing. This is the nearest I have come to a custom map as Custom Code (JBS) developed their stage 2+ map on my car and it truly does make a difference. :smiley:
Edition30:
Thats probably the closest place to you. http://www.tuninguk.net/
I wouldnt take any short cuts on a remap, go for a well known supplier. Never heard of that company you used and I live in Bradford.
NotNormal:
--- Quote from: Very Cherry on May 16, 2009, 09:50:46 pm ---personally i would rather be mapped on a rolling road so 'real time' mapping is achieved, but that's just me
--- End quote ---
TBH live mapping on the road is far better, real road conditions can't be replicated on a rolling road
My Evo was only lived mapped, and it felt far better than some simmilar spec'd cars. i appreciate that the mapper himself is the biggest difference, but still - live mapping on the road is better
Generic maps are good, very good for some and offer a wide tuning potential along with good back up.
I've got Revo on my GT170Diesel, its great, can't fault it. After trying (at my expence :sick: lol ) several other generic options i can say that Revo delivers the right kind of map i like, the backup and support offered is superb.
BeezerDiesel:
I can see why they wouldn't alter anything after 5000rpm on a Diesel, but on a petrol - hmmm?
The 1.4 Super-turbo charged engine has quite a big blower for the size of the engine and produces its best stuff above 4500rpm. I know a lot of companies have had a lot of trouble mapping these engines but it has been round a few years now and they should have sorted most of the issues out.
Rich:
Yes ive been in contact with tuning UK in Wakefield - hes away for 2 weeks.
I just don't know whether i should fork out another 460 quid for a bit more bhp and have the feeling its a good proper remap
Navigation
[0] Message Index
[#] Next page
[*] Previous page
Go to full version