Make a donation

Author Topic: Front wing rust warranty success!!  (Read 337092 times)

Offline sf1506

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 3
Re: Front wing rust warranty success!!
« Reply #150 on: July 24, 2012, 10:53:37 pm »

I just notice I have a small speck of rust and bubbling on my rear arch would this be covered and where can I source the vw PDF[/
I have the same problem could you send it me too  :happy2:

Offline em2evol

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 0
  • Let's Motorvate!
« Reply #151 on: July 25, 2012, 09:49:20 am »
My car's in tomorrow for a week... I'm going to miss it! But will be good to get it sorted  :smiley: Woop!

Offline ams_sxi

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #152 on: July 25, 2012, 10:27:30 am »
Got mine on saturday, noticed yesterday in the sun the colour match is not spot on.  :sad1:

As im putting the car up for sale i cannot be bothered to take it back and complain. Didn't expect that from VW though!

Offline em2evol

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • Let's Motorvate!
« Reply #153 on: July 25, 2012, 11:46:52 am »
Got mine on saturday, noticed yesterday in the sun the colour match is not spot on.  :sad1:

As im putting the car up for sale i cannot be bothered to take it back and complain. Didn't expect that from VW though!

Oh no, that sucks  :fighting:  Mine's not in tomorrow anymore as the wings are on back order so they'll call me when they're in... Hope my colours match!  :jumping:

MPS

« Reply #154 on: July 25, 2012, 11:54:06 am »

What colour is your car? As I know some can be a real pig to match up. Esp. metallics!

Offline 4dyctdi

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #155 on: July 25, 2012, 12:42:16 pm »
I've just arranged an appointment with vw bodyshop for next wednesday. Any advice on what to say its both wings on my 05 steel grey gti. Don't have full dealer history and my car is on r32 wheels. Can anyone send me a copy of the official vw bulletin? Any help would be greatly appreciated
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 09:54:35 pm by 4dyctdi »

Offline ams_sxi

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #156 on: July 25, 2012, 01:17:40 pm »

What colour is your car? As I know some can be a real pig to match up. Esp. metallics!

Black magic LC9Z i think.

MPS

« Reply #157 on: July 25, 2012, 04:49:42 pm »
Damn! Same as mine! I think the problem is not matching the black up but the actual metallic flake.

Offline jedi-knight83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 41
    • Cambridge Autogleam Detailing
« Reply #158 on: July 25, 2012, 06:17:08 pm »

if the body shop hasnt done the job properly take it back

if they replaced the wings they will have had to paint the whole wings (rather than repair the rust and blend the paint colour in the wing)

To do this correctly they should blend the bonnet / bumper / doors so the paint matches rather than just paint to an edge and leave it. It will stick out like a sore thumb. This is general bodyshop practice so if they have only painted the wing and not blended then take it back and tell them to do it properly.

Golf GTI DSG "ED30 Tribute" - RTech: 254bhp / 323lbft | MK6 GTI DSG S.Wheel | MK6 GTI speedo | MK6 climate | RCD510DAB | Bluetooth | Milltek Cat back | H&R Springs & Rear ARB | WALK | 19" BBS CH | MK7R 340mm brakes - INFO

Offline ams_sxi

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #159 on: July 26, 2012, 07:29:58 am »
they said i have to pay extra for the blend, not sure if blending will correct it as the colours do not look the same

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #160 on: July 26, 2012, 09:59:10 am »

I just notice I have a small speck of rust and bubbling on my rear arch would this be covered and where can I source the vw PDF[/
I have the same problem could you send it me too  :happy2:

....PM me your email address so I can send you a copy.  :smiley:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline jedi-knight83

• Thank You
« Reply #161 on: July 26, 2012, 02:48:10 pm »
they said i have to pay extra for the blend, not sure if blending will correct it as the colours do not look the same

id go back and ask why you should have to pay to have the colours blended. Its VW fault there is rust.. therefore they should pay to have the car put back to an acceptable standard. Having the wings a different colour is not an acceptable standard.

I've just got back from VW Chelmsford who are submitting a warranty claim for me and i said i would want it blended with the doors / bonnet / bumper otherwise I'd obviously reject the car as the work was not to a sufficient standard.
Golf GTI DSG "ED30 Tribute" - RTech: 254bhp / 323lbft | MK6 GTI DSG S.Wheel | MK6 GTI speedo | MK6 climate | RCD510DAB | Bluetooth | Milltek Cat back | H&R Springs & Rear ARB | WALK | 19" BBS CH | MK7R 340mm brakes - INFO

Offline jedi-knight83

• Thank You
« Reply #162 on: July 26, 2012, 02:52:07 pm »

put it this way. if you had an accident and the wing needed painting and it came back like that you'd send it back and say do it properly... and to do it properly they need to blend into the other panels.

I dont see this as any different. There is rust there which is a known issue and which VW need to sort so they need to sort it and return the car to the standard it was before the rust.

Offline ams_sxi

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #163 on: July 26, 2012, 03:14:10 pm »
Thats true i will speak to them, the dealer is 45mins drive from me (nearest VW bodyshop) and they are so hard to get to speak to on the phone.
I did mention to the bodyshop manager i wanted it blended he said we charge for that, but then he said to be honest you won't be able to tell the difference.

Do you think i should speak to VW UK about it?

Offline jedi-knight83

• Thank You
« Reply #164 on: July 26, 2012, 03:59:01 pm »
Thats true i will speak to them, the dealer is 45mins drive from me (nearest VW bodyshop) and they are so hard to get to speak to on the phone.
I did mention to the bodyshop manager i wanted it blended he said we charge for that, but then he said to be honest you won't be able to tell the difference.

Do you think i should speak to VW UK about it?

you will notice the difference... unless they have done such a crap job at matching the paint that its miles out!

I'd just reject the car with the bodyshop and say its not in the condition it was before the rust came through.