Make a donation

Author Topic: Front wing rust warranty success!!  (Read 337094 times)

Offline homesqueeze

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 42
  • Got another Golf!
Re: Front wing rust warranty success!!
« Reply #165 on: July 26, 2012, 06:27:38 pm »
Blending was never mentioned to me so I don't know if they did it on mine. However it looks fine whatever they did, the colour seems to be a fine match. Probably helps that my car is black though anyway.
'16 MK7 Golf 1.4TSI Match Edition

Offline ams_sxi

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #166 on: July 27, 2012, 10:47:30 am »
Thats true i will speak to them, the dealer is 45mins drive from me (nearest VW bodyshop) and they are so hard to get to speak to on the phone.
I did mention to the bodyshop manager i wanted it blended he said we charge for that, but then he said to be honest you won't be able to tell the difference.

Do you think i should speak to VW UK about it?

you will notice the difference... unless they have done such a crap job at matching the paint that its miles out!

I'd just reject the car with the bodyshop and say its not in the condition it was before the rust came through.

The bodyshop manager has said to me that VW UK do not pay us to blend into the doors bonnet bumper so we just paint to the edge of the wing. Basically saying they are not going to do anything about it.
Do you think I should escalate it to VW UK?

Offline silent dubber

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
    • Readers Ride
« Reply #167 on: July 27, 2012, 11:32:51 am »
I have had the same issue with VW they have changed one wing not and the paint was not matching the bumper I think the wing was painted lighter colour. They said they don’t blend in to other panels on warranty work, but I kicked off a fuss so they blended into my door they said they won’t do the bumper. I have to pay to get bumper done.

I’m still not happy, just gonna get my mate to redo the front bumper when I get my back one done, still going to write to VW head office.

When you pick up the car see it first check it over before you sign any paper work!!!!

Silent Dubber

Instagram:- harveyrooprai
build thread - http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,51322.0.html

Offline Nodz

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 73
  • -Receive: 103
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,29264.0.html
« Reply #168 on: July 27, 2012, 12:19:05 pm »
They don't blend as asked today they just do the wing. As mine is having the sills done they will be done off the car but I'm getting the bonnet done as well whilst it's in so it shouldn't be too bad

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #169 on: July 27, 2012, 01:20:16 pm »

The bodyshop manager has said to me that VW UK do not pay us to blend into the doors bonnet bumper so we just paint to the edge of the wing. Basically saying they are not going to do anything about it.

Do you think I should escalate it to VW UK?

....How mean and short-sighted regarding customer satisfaction is that!!?  :fighting:

My bodyshop manager (independent accident repair centre but affiliated to my VW dealer) blended mine as a matter of pride in their standard of workmanship! And all free of charge (and also included prep and painting my OSIR splitter - But that was a goodwill bonus).

What about the job being a full and proper return to the state of the car before it had the rust issue? - An issue which simply should not have occurred within the 12 year body warranty in the first place!! This attitude disgusts me! :fighting:

Definitely escalate this to VW UK and point out customer expectations and standards of workmanship.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 01:22:48 pm by RedRobin »

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

MPS

« Reply #170 on: August 01, 2012, 03:45:50 pm »
Whoop, had a call off dealer today, got mine booked in for a warranty repair!  :jumpmove: and they are supplying a courtesy car, please please please let it be an Edition 35 or R  :grin:
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 05:03:35 pm by MPS »

TOO2TQ

« Reply #171 on: August 03, 2012, 12:08:22 am »
Hi All,
I am new to the forum and took delivery of my 56 plate gti today.
Unfortunately there is some dreaded bubbling on the driver side front wheel arch.
Please could somebody send me the PDF doc so I have some extra ammunition when visiting VW Leicester tomorrow.

Email: Tom.queally@gmail.com

Thanks in advance,
Tom

Offline dodds-gttdi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 22
  • -Receive: 34
  • Edinburgh
    • Email
« Reply #172 on: August 03, 2012, 07:59:34 am »
Hi All,
I am new to the forum and took delivery of my 56 plate gti today.
Unfortunately there is some dreaded bubbling on the driver side front wheel arch.
Please could somebody send me the PDF doc so I have some extra ammunition when visiting VW Leicester tomorrow.

Email: Tom.queally@gmail.com

Thanks in advance,
Tom

Pdf sent.  :happy2:

Offline molineux1980

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #173 on: August 05, 2012, 11:34:24 pm »
After ringing around seemingly all the VW dealers in the Midlands, we are finally getting wifey's GTI looked at by VW Shrewsbury a week on Friday. They seem to be aware of the problem, so fingers crossed, it should go without a hitch......... :happy2:

Offline Nodz

• Thank You
  • -Given: 73
  • -Receive: 103
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,29264.0.html
« Reply #174 on: August 06, 2012, 08:54:31 am »
I should be getting mine back tomorrow after having the arches done and other work, hopefully it'll all be done as they've ha it over a week

Offline TomH

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #175 on: August 07, 2012, 12:58:16 pm »
I've seen a lot of mention of front wing rust, bootlid and some doors. I don't have any of these. What I do have is a couple of small bubbles above the drivers door where the door seal meets the roof - has anyone else had this? There are a few tiny stone chips, perhaps something has got caught in the door and chipped the paint somehow.

Clint1

« Reply #176 on: August 07, 2012, 08:24:50 pm »
Hi new member here been looking on the forum for a while, Been and had our 54 plate tdi looked at because of the dreaded rust on wings and had a reply from vw saying they will go 70/30 which means they want £300 to do our car. Could someone send me the pdf so i have a bit more ammunition to go with thanks.

clint_shez@live.co.uk

Offline dodds-gttdi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 22
  • -Receive: 34
  • Edinburgh
    • Email
« Reply #177 on: August 07, 2012, 08:28:12 pm »
Took the car into VW last Friday and they're that busy with other folks' car having rust as well that I'm not getting my car seen to until the 21st of September. They'regiving me a courtesy car for the day (apparently they need all day to inspect it) but its a measly 1.6 TDi Mk6.

Offline em2evol

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 0
  • Let's Motorvate!
« Reply #178 on: August 08, 2012, 11:02:48 am »
Took the car into VW last Friday and they're that busy with other folks' car having rust as well that I'm not getting my car seen to until the 21st of September. They'regiving me a courtesy car for the day (apparently they need all day to inspect it) but its a measly 1.6 TDi Mk6.

You're lucky to get that car - they've had my GTI a week now and in the meantime I've been lumbered with a Fox, like I always seem to be when my car goes in  :fighting:

:mad: I HATE IT!!!!!!

Offline JStav

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
    • Facebook
    • Email
« Reply #179 on: August 08, 2012, 02:06:22 pm »
Would it be possible for someone to email me the pdf if they get a minute, it'd be greatly appreciated.

stav2002@ntlworld.com

Cheers.
Silver GTI, Revo Stage 1, R32 rear bumper, R32 exhaust, R32 rear lights, ED30 front splitter, RCD510, Lowered on Eibachs, open fog grills.