Make a donation

Author Topic: Front wing rust warranty success!!  (Read 337109 times)

Offline Daveyboy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 46
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
Re: Front wing rust warranty success!!
« Reply #990 on: October 15, 2015, 03:47:22 pm »
Just got my wings done free of charge. Wouldn't do my sills tho. Decent job but again they done blend and candy white is hard to match.
Anyone from in or around Newcastle should go to benfield vw silver link. They didn't even think about it just put the job sheet through
That's exactly where I went mate to get mine sorted. Mark the warranty guy just quick checked the paint depth then that was it, no problems at all just said it would be a couple of weeks as I need a courtesy car when it goes in

Offline jettamike

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #991 on: October 15, 2015, 05:17:46 pm »
Well I've kept on at VW today, they won't budge from 50% so the quote which I nearly fell over at for just the bonnet and boot is that I would have to pay £740. That price didn't include the sills which are also showing a lot of rust under the wing and lots of rust bubbles along the length.

Apparently the criteria for cover only allows me 50% contribution.... not sure what criteria I don't have as others manage to get them covered!

Offline 902jamied

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #992 on: October 15, 2015, 09:20:40 pm »
Just got my wings done free of charge. Wouldn't do my sills tho. Decent job but again they done blend and candy white is hard to match.
Anyone from in or around Newcastle should go to benfield vw silver link. They didn't even think about it just put the job sheet through
That's exactly where I went mate to get mine sorted. Mark the warranty guy just quick checked the paint depth then that was it, no problems at all just said it would be a couple of weeks as I need a courtesy car when it goes in

I they are spot on there. Hope you don't build you hopes up for a nice courtesy car. I got a vw up. :scared: bloody awful. Really basic. But was a right laugh, like a little go kart

Offline Daveyboy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #993 on: October 15, 2015, 10:10:09 pm »

I they are spot on there. Hope you don't build you hopes up for a nice courtesy car. I got a vw up. :scared: bloody awful. Really basic. But was a right laugh, like a little go kart
I only need it for work.  I'd use my mk3 but I'm in the middle of an engine swap at the minute so I'll take what ever they give me

Offline Ditto

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 8
« Reply #994 on: October 15, 2015, 11:55:34 pm »
Went to the appointment @ VW yesterday...the service chap was a complete arse, said about the 10 year limit, explained the difference between the 10 and 12 years perforation (like I was 5) and then said sorry we can't do anything. I then asked to speak to the manager and he "wasn't there"!!

@Tomble22 what is the difference from 10 and 12 year out of interest?... In the book it says 12? Why are they saying only 50%, the fault is well known and even mentions the whole cost in the bulletin.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 12:04:55 am by Ditto »

Offline 902jamied

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #995 on: October 16, 2015, 06:42:47 am »

I only need it for work.  I'd use my mk3 but I'm in the middle of an engine swap at the minute so I'll take what ever they give me

All courtesy cars are the fastest cars in the world. Must say I have always fancied a mk3. Might save up a few penny's and get one to restore

Offline Daveyboy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #996 on: October 16, 2015, 06:57:14 am »
That's what I done mate. Bought a mk3 vr6 that was solid but a little rough, totally restored it to oem+. I'm in the middle of dropping a mk4 2.8 24v engine in

Offline Tomble22

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #997 on: October 16, 2015, 08:33:29 am »
Went to the appointment @ VW yesterday...the service chap was a complete arse, said about the 10 year limit, explained the difference between the 10 and 12 years perforation (like I was 5) and then said sorry we can't do anything. I then asked to speak to the manager and he "wasn't there"!!

@Tomble22 what is the difference from 10 and 12 year out of interest?... In the book it says 12? Why are they saying only 50%, the fault is well known and even mentions the whole cost in the bulletin.

@Ditto I wasn't even offered 50% mate, they flat out refused! The Service Gopher said that because it's on the wing and they've admitted to the issue they only cover it up to 10 years. If it was anywhere else on the bodywork it would be covered under the 12 year warranty, what a load of old b*****cks!!

I've been on the phone to VW Customer Services yesterday and they weren't much help either so I thought I'd kick up a fuss on Twitter (seeing as VW haven't had enough bad publicity lately!!) and funnily enough, they are calling me to discuss a repair!

Will see what they say and go from there....I'd be more happy to be able to go back to the dealer with my smug face on tbh!

Offline Ditto

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #998 on: October 16, 2015, 09:39:54 am »
@Tomble22 sounds like they were trying to get out from doing it. From what my local dealer said the margin on the warranty work they do for this is so minimal I can see why they seem to be a little hesitant. Sounds like they're listening now though!

Just hope those with earlier cars have spotted the problems and got them fixed!

Offline jettamike

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #999 on: October 16, 2015, 01:24:20 pm »
Worth a post on Facebook do you think?

Offline Tomble22

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #1000 on: October 16, 2015, 03:49:41 pm »
Worth a post on Facebook do you think?

Probably, I twittered them, got a couple of retweets and favourites from people and then had a call this afternoon from a Customer Services manager to say that they are looking into it and will call me with a decision on Monday. At least there appears to be some hope!

Offline 902jamied

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #1001 on: October 16, 2015, 04:03:37 pm »
That's what I done mate. Bought a mk3 vr6 that was solid but a little rough, totally restored it to oem+. I'm in the middle of dropping a mk4 2.8 24v engine in

Really smart mate. My dad paints cars so that's a big help. Got a little grande punto sporting to sell so may put the money from that  towards a mk2 or mk3

Offline Daveyboy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #1002 on: October 16, 2015, 04:24:37 pm »
That's my weekend Hoby painting cars. Hoping to open my own bodyshop next year with a mate of mine

Offline jettamike

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #1003 on: October 19, 2015, 05:59:52 pm »
Had a call yesterday from VW manager person, still won't budge from 50% and cheerfully asked if I was ready to book it in  :party: To which I declined and the manager said ok I'll close the case then...........

Last VW I'll be buying.

Offline Ditto

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #1004 on: October 19, 2015, 07:03:26 pm »
Have you tried another dealer?