Make a donation

Author Topic: Front wing rust warranty success!!  (Read 337707 times)

Offline shirre

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
Re: Front wing rust warranty success!!
« Reply #270 on: September 12, 2012, 09:45:54 pm »
I finally got my wings sorted earlier this week FOC, since i first started my claim mid June. Have been disputing the tailgate for ages now as they want me to pay 30%. In the end i wrote them a 5 page letter sent it to VW head office, cc'd VW Customer care and cc'd my local franchise dealer...

Brand manager from local dealer rang, said he would escalate to regional manager who had links to head office and that i should hear back within 2 weeks of the date of my letter. on the very last day customer care rang, explained to me that first the warranty budget is used to pay for corrioson claims and if no budget is avaialble then VW resort to goodwill (i know, what a load of cobblers!) then they went on to say that my tailgate corrision had occured from outside in, with the paint cracking and letting water in and therefore with my car being a 2005 gti, the paint was only guarnteed for 3 yrs.... anyhow, i wasnt happy with that explanation and said i would be taking it further as when the guy had taken pics at the bodyshop he had said that the corrision had occurred from inside out! the lady then said she would escalate to her manager and get back to me in 48hrs. i said if im not happy with their decision in 48 hrs then i would like a response to my letter in writing so that i could take it to the courts. next day they rang and upped it to 100%, albeit they got their figures wrong and said they needed to confirm with the bodyshop and get back to me...but its looking good its going in the right direction now....

i think from my experience theres a few things people can do:

- whoever takes the pics when first submitting the claim ask if they think the corrision has occured from inside out or outside in. get their full name too, will come useful later as the word of the bodyshop staff counts for quite a bit in the later stages, especially if its inside out.

- after your pics have been taken, give it a week, if youve not heard back then ring your local dealer and ask how it is going. i waited 3 weeks only to ring and find out that they hadnt submitted due to a software glitch....funny how the submission was made succesfully the day i rang!!

- if it comes to writing a letter, they should respond within 2 weeks (suspect thats their policy).  copy n paste a reference to their site on what their corrision guarntee is!! when they do get back to you and if you are not still happy, ask for a full response to your letter in writing. they cant be asked with that as these cases are becoming more frequent they wont have the time for it either! mention that their response will be used when claiming through small claims court.

hope that helps!

Offline jedi-knight83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 41
    • Cambridge Autogleam Detailing
« Reply #271 on: September 13, 2012, 10:55:16 am »
OK so VW replied. One of my replacement wings arrived damaged so they have ordered another one for tomorrow.

They also got back to me with a price for the extra bits I wanted.

But how much would you think for a bonnet and front bumper and front of the side sills? Bearing in mind its already in for 2 new wings
Golf GTI DSG "ED30 Tribute" - RTech: 254bhp / 323lbft | MK6 GTI DSG S.Wheel | MK6 GTI speedo | MK6 climate | RCD510DAB | Bluetooth | Milltek Cat back | H&R Springs & Rear ARB | WALK | 19" BBS CH | MK7R 340mm brakes - INFO

Offline molineux1980

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #272 on: September 17, 2012, 01:05:34 pm »
Fair play to VW on this one. Took our 05 GTI to VW Shrewsbury (Closest to West Mids apparently), and they looked at the car, took a few photo's in 10 mins and called back the next day saying they would contribute 70% to the cost of replacement. The wife, who works for VW recovery asked to speak to VW, and she was put through. She asked about the possibility of them covering 100%, 5 mins later and it was agreed. We dropped the car off on Monday, got a VW Polo courtesy car F.O.C, and we collected it on Friday.

The wings have been replaced, not repaired, and it seems they've done a cracking job. All told, from the initial viewing to getting the car back was less then 2 weeks. Huge thumbs up from me for the service, and cheers to those on the forum for flagging this up and sending through of pdf docs.  :drinking: :happy2:

Offline dodds-gttdi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 22
  • -Receive: 34
  • Edinburgh
    • Email
« Reply #273 on: September 21, 2012, 10:53:30 am »
Took the car into VW last Friday and they're that busy with other folks' car having rust as well that I'm not getting my car seen to until the 21st of September. They'regiving me a courtesy car for the day (apparently they need all day to inspect it) but its a measly 1.6 TDi Mk6.

D-Day today, after booking the car in way way back on the 3rd August it's finally time to take my Golf in for VW to inspect it. The wings are way beyond reapir, parts of them have holes in and have rotted clean thru. Hoping the warranty/bodywork guy will make a quick positive decision. And I hope it isn't another 7 weeks til I get the wings replaced.

I didn't end up getting the courtesy car, just going to go in at lunchtime today (half-days on Fridays) and wait while they look at it.

Will let you all know how I get on.  :smiley:

MPS

Re: Re: Front wing rust warranty success!!
« Reply #274 on: September 21, 2012, 11:08:41 am »
After first submitting my claim at the beginning of June, I got my car back with 2 new wings on Tuesday. Liverpool VW, Bravo, you've done a top job.  :congrats:
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 11:10:42 am by MPS »

Offline dodds-gttdi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 22
  • -Receive: 34
  • Edinburgh
    • Email
« Reply #275 on: September 21, 2012, 04:53:49 pm »
Took the car into VW last Friday and they're that busy with other folks' car having rust as well that I'm not getting my car seen to until the 21st of September. They'regiving me a courtesy car for the day (apparently they need all day to inspect it) but its a measly 1.6 TDi Mk6.

D-Day today, after booking the car in way way back on the 3rd August it's finally time to take my Golf in for VW to inspect it. The wings are way beyond reapir, parts of them have holes in and have rotted clean thru. Hoping the warranty/bodywork guy will make a quick positive decision. And I hope it isn't another 7 weeks til I get the wings replaced.

I didn't end up getting the courtesy car, just going to go in at lunchtime today (half-days on Fridays) and wait while they look at it.

Wings approved!! Just like that! :pomp pomp: now they need to submit a few details to VW for my bootlid handle. As we say in Scotland: Ya dancer!! :happy2:

Offline dmac1969

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 21
    • Email
« Reply #276 on: September 21, 2012, 07:49:06 pm »

Wings approved!! Just like that! :pomp pomp: now they need to submit a few details to VW for my bootlid handle. As we say in Scotland: Ya dancer!! :happy2:

Good stuff , hope they do a good job for you!  :happy2:
2005 Golf GTI 3 Door - Tornado Red. (2010 - 2012)

2008 Golf GTI 3 Door - Candy White , 18" Monza II's , Leather , Armrest , Rear Park sensors. (current car)

Offline jmccullough160

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #277 on: November 28, 2012, 01:00:02 am »
Any updates on this?  Going into my nearest VW Dealer in Northern Ireland tomorrow armed with the PDF.  Have rust bubbles on one wing and rust on the two sills, usual spots.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #278 on: November 28, 2012, 09:30:44 am »

Any updates on this?  Going into my nearest VW Dealer in Northern Ireland tomorrow armed with the PDF.  Have rust bubbles on one wing and rust on the two sills, usual spots.

....The PDF relates to the wings rust and you may not get so lucky with the sills, although it has been known to get included FOC, IIRC without re-reading all 19 pages of this thread. Remember you achieve more with honey than with vinegar but still be firm - Play it by ear.

We wish you luck and please report what happens  :happy2:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Teo10

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #279 on: November 28, 2012, 12:52:43 pm »
Got my car back yesterday! after the faff of the first time I took it, car in on Monday and ready by Tuesday afternoon!! :pomppomp:

Two front new wings, colour matched up and all paid for!

Even though VW tried to say they would go 70%?! but the bodyshop guy who I dealt with told them there is no danger they could get away with offering 70% :pomppomp:

Offline jmccullough160

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #280 on: December 05, 2012, 07:23:04 pm »
Was at Philips VW Lisburn last Friday to get my paint inspection done, photos took by the boss and he agreed that there was a repair needed on both sills and wings, said I would hear back soon.  Also got my coilpack recall done while I was there.  Well happy

Offline suave

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 31
« Reply #281 on: December 05, 2012, 07:51:07 pm »
 I had mine done by Phillips last week. Had to cough up 30% for the tailgate though.

Haven't been able to inspect the paint yet given the lousy weather

Offline S4nup

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
« Reply #282 on: December 05, 2012, 08:21:15 pm »
Hi. Picked up a mk5 this weekend with a small (2" x 1/2") rust patch on the drivers front wheel arch. Was going to try and repair myself, but was wondering if I could take it to vw to repair??

Can someone send me the PDF so that I have it to hand when I go to the dealers?

Email address is Anup.chavda@gmail.com

Much appreciated

Offline RobboGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #283 on: December 07, 2012, 02:46:06 am »
Hi. Picked up a mk5 this weekend with a small (2" x 1/2") rust patch on the drivers front wheel arch. Was going to try and repair myself, but was wondering if I could take it to vw to repair??

Much appreciated

I went to vw without the PDF it's a known issue and mine is being sorted as I speak 100% goodwill.
They didn't even take pictures for my claim!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #284 on: December 07, 2012, 08:50:07 am »

Much appreciated

....Sent just now. Good Luck.  :happy2:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!