Make a donation

Author Topic: Front wing rust warranty success!!  (Read 337193 times)

Offline tlnds

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 5
Re: Front wing rust warranty success!!
« Reply #915 on: July 24, 2015, 09:39:22 am »
Just bought a 55 plate Golf with bubbling arches, a lot of rust bubbles at the bottom of the VW badge on the back.  I'm very heartened with these stories of people getting their rust sorted under warranty and hoping I can too.

My car will be in to Burton on Trent VW dealers next week to see what they say.  Car was registered in August 2005 so not quite 10 years old yet.

Any hints/tips about what to say when I arrive?

James
So long as the wings haven't been painted before you should be all good, just try to get in before it ticks over to 10 years as some branches will try to blag it and not do the repair (even though its a 12 year warranty!)

Offline S300 TTC

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #916 on: July 25, 2015, 11:48:25 pm »
Quick update
Car went in on Friday there and they checked all the car over there is a bit bubbling on the front an a very small bit on the boot lid and back arch.
They guys a vw said they will do the front wings
For free and 50% of the boot lid but saying the back wing has been painted
To be honest I am very happy with the result
They will give me a curtesy car when the car is away as well so I deco can't complain.
Very happy with the out come let's hope the jobs as good

Offline SkyJawa

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
« Reply #917 on: July 31, 2015, 08:17:09 am »
News is back on our wing.  Being replaced under warranty  :laugh:

(June 2005 MK5 GTi)

Offline Stevepd

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #918 on: July 31, 2015, 05:51:08 pm »

(June 2005 MK5 GTi)

Took mine to VW Westbury today and very helpful bloke put the details into ELSA and computer says no (over 10 (June 05)). My service books States 12 yr warranty but ELSA says 10. I was advised to contact VW UK. Did so and a case has been raised - will get a call by Tuesday. :confused:
Standard 5 Door Shadow blue.

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 392
  • -Receive: 316
« Reply #919 on: July 31, 2015, 10:13:02 pm »
Can anyone recommend a dealer around South Yorkshire / Nottinghamshire they've had success with please?

I've read loads of the thread but I'm struggling to find any success stories around my area.

Offline Carla77

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
« Reply #920 on: August 01, 2015, 03:15:33 pm »
Can anyone recommend a dealer around South Yorkshire / Nottinghamshire they've had success with please?

I've read loads of the thread but I'm struggling to find any success stories around my area.

Jct600 on middlewood road in Sheffield. They did my front wings, sill and tailgate. Got the front wings replaced for free (after lots of arguments with vwuk)

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 392
  • -Receive: 316
« Reply #921 on: August 01, 2015, 03:21:05 pm »

Jct600 on middlewood road in Sheffield. They did my front wings, sill and tailgate. Got the front wings replaced for free (after lots of arguments with vwuk)
Thanks, will have a drive over, it's pretty close to me.

Got bubbling on both wings

Offline SkyJawa

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
« Reply #922 on: August 02, 2015, 08:06:33 am »

(June 2005 MK5 GTi)

Took mine to VW Westbury today and very helpful bloke put the details into ELSA and computer says no (over 10 (June 05)). My service books States 12 yr warranty but ELSA says 10. I was advised to contact VW UK. Did so and a case has been raised - will get a call by Tuesday. :confused:

That's rubbish. Ours is over 10 years, just. Though people have said its dealer dependant, we also bought ours from them 2 years ago as approved used if that makes any difference. Either way the manual and vw website States 12 years so they shouldn't really be able to get away with saying no.....

Offline Stevepd

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #923 on: August 04, 2015, 07:48:24 pm »

(June 2005 MK5 GTi)

That's rubbish. Ours is over 10 years, just. Though people have said its dealer dependant, we also bought ours from them 2 years ago as approved used if that makes any difference. Either way the manual and vw website States 12 years so they shouldn't really be able to get away with saying no.....

Got a phone call today from VW UK, they won't repair my wings as its a 10 year corrosion warranty but the car has a 12 year perforation warranty and the 12 o'clock corrosion doesn't come under that?
Standard 5 Door Shadow blue.

Offline Gmaster

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
« Reply #924 on: August 04, 2015, 09:48:40 pm »
Sorry to hear that mate , maybe try another dealer.
Mine is getting looked over on Friday though I'm not expecting a good out come the wing has been sprayed before!!
On the same day I'm getting a local body shop to have a look and give me a price.

Offline KernowGTI

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #925 on: August 05, 2015, 11:06:50 pm »
My wing claim has been rejected by the dealer and VW Customer service who are claiming the previous owner neglected the car.

As its only had one owner from new and has a FSH and is all original paint I disputed it but to no success.

About to try on the boot handle area which is also bubbling, not holding out much hope as they have plenty of excuses!

Offline Gmaster

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
    • Email
« Reply #926 on: August 06, 2015, 01:22:21 pm »
My wing claim has been rejected by the dealer and VW Customer service who are claiming the previous owner neglected the car.

As its only had one owner from new and has a FSH and is all original paint I disputed it but to no success.

About to try on the boot handle area which is also bubbling, not holding out much hope as they have plenty of excuses!
Shocking that !! I would not give up, that's s rubbish excuse!

Offline david25

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
    • Email
« Reply #927 on: August 14, 2015, 07:11:15 pm »
Hello, I have a detailing question; when I can wax my new wing? I was sprayed about two weeks ago.

Thanks

Offline shoaybmakda

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 54
« Reply #928 on: August 15, 2015, 01:03:15 pm »

@KernowGTI what a lame excuse - I did my own little DIY on the rear boot before I took it to my dealer with a touch up pen on the rust and they still were happy to replace it.

I was lucky that the previous owner lived in the same city to me and had it serviced at VW. When the body shop manager looked at the history of the car and saw it was serviced by them he had no issue doing my wings and boot for free.

If your car has VW history and its local to you perhaps try that dealer?

Offline Jaywoo-GTI

• Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 34
« Reply #929 on: August 17, 2015, 03:48:24 pm »
I have just got mine back from Parkway VW in derby, 2 wing replaced under warranty free of charge,
Car was registered November 2005 so is just under 10 years old,