All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

These type of threads are not good for me!!!

<< < (2/4) > >>

gazbutS3:
looks wicked, don't fancy that driveshaft gaiters chances much though

jonnyc:

--- Quote from: gazbutS3 on May 22, 2009, 08:04:17 pm ---looks wicked, don't fancy that driveshaft gaiters chances much though

--- End quote ---

That picture makes it look a lot closer than it is in reality, shouldn't really be any closer than the standard turbo, and with such a large turbo and tubular manifold I would expect the EGT's to be lower than on the K04, could be wrong though..

I think I would be heat shielding parts off though just to be safe..

chungster:
ha i was actually gonna ask you on your own thread if you were gonna do a screamer pipe on your GT30 conversion.

Cos that would scare a LOT of people.

I'm thinking you could run it without a dump valve too...make some proper noises then!  :grin:

jonnyc:

--- Quote from: chungster on May 22, 2009, 08:29:43 pm ---ha i was actually gonna ask you on your own thread if you were gonna do a screamer pipe on your GT30 conversion.

Cos that would scare a LOT of people.

I'm thinking you could run it without a dump valve too...make some proper noises then!  :grin:

--- End quote ---

Yeah for sure, who in the right mind would have an external wastegate and not dump it haha..

The GT30 is a hell of a loud louder than the K04 turbo anyways so it would sound pretty sweet!!

I love the sound of tuned turbo cars, so awesome!

Hurdy:
Twin scroll.........mmmmmmmm..........JBS :innocent:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version