All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area
Which wheels will fit on my golf?
Aparoon:
So will 18 x 8j et 38 fit ok on our cars??
Top Cat:
these are also right on the border, you would need to do the arch liner mod and if you lower it you would need a bit of stretch on the tyres. :happy2:
TomB:
My new wheels are 8.5" and ET44 for the front and 9.5" and ET46 for the back :)
The extra wheel width goes on the back of the wheel so if you have wheels like mine, more negative offset brings the extra width away from the suspension.
Top Cat:
--- Quote from: TomB on May 26, 2009, 07:04:50 pm ---My new wheels are 8.5" and ET44 for the front and 9.5" and ET46 for the back :)
The extra wheel width goes on the back of the wheel so if you have wheels like mine, more negative offset brings the extra width away from the suspension.
--- End quote ---
Can you explain that a bit better please Tom that doesn't make sense to me. :smiley:
And do you have the wheels on the car. :happy2:
Mark_GTIV:
--- Quote from: Top Cat on May 26, 2009, 05:08:15 pm ---
--- Quote from: Mark_GTIV on May 26, 2009, 09:37:36 am ---
--- Quote from: Top Cat on May 25, 2009, 09:42:04 pm ---
I have some wheels coming soon which are about 18 mil further out, which is right on the border of fitting without any other arch alterations or camber. :fighting2:
--- End quote ---
I think you'll struggle there TC. I'm currently running 8Jx18 CH with ET50 on a 12mm spacer which equals +13mm further out than the Monzas (if my sums are correct) because the damn 8mm H&R spacers haven't arrived from TTS Roadsport yet :sad: .
My car isn't as low as yours and I'm getting a small rub on compression, plus the wheel to my eye sticks out a touch too much.
--- End quote ---
I dont think your sums are correct Mark, you forgot to factor in the 1/2 inch extra wheel width which is a 1/4 inch to add to your total so yours at the minute are somewhere near 19 to 20 mil further out. :happy2:
+ i have some camber adjust mounts to go on as well, as i fancy a bit off sump scrape. :signIWS: :laugh:
--- End quote ---
Ahh... you are correct.
http://www.1010tires.com/WheelOffsetCalculator.asp
I forgot that the Monza wheel isn't an 8 inch, but a 7 1/2 inch.
If I bang the following in to the calculator :
Current wheel specs : Width 7.5 inches - offset 51mm (standard VW 18'' Monza wheel)
New wheel specs : Width 8 inches - offset 50mm (CH wheel)
I get an inner clearance of 5mm less and an outer position of 7mm more.
Navigation
[0] Message Index
[#] Next page
[*] Previous page
Go to full version