All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area
Which wheels will fit on my golf?
TomB:
I was being a spanner when I said the extra width goes on the back, it goes on the centre. I should know, I spent the day selling alloys for no money! Hungry Tom makes for confused posts (donate food!) Offset is the measurement between the centre of the rim to the mounting face. If that confuses you, play with this "visualisation" and it'll all become clear: http://www.morfed.net/wheel-offset-calculator/#vis
What I was trying to say was with a lower offset, the wheels stick out more, and with that, it is pulling the extra width away from the suspension. My wheels aren't on yet as I can't afford the tyres (no job y'see) and I know its going to be fun, but my best mate and I got 8s and 9s on his MK3, so the room's there :smiley:
Top Cat:
No probs Tom, i thought you had got it wrong, it is confusing this offset lark :rolleye: and i think you may struggle getting your rears to fit but it is possible as you can put some camber on the rear as well good luck. :happy2:
TomB:
They won't be my daily wheels, they will get ruined in no time! I won some R32 calipers the other day so I need to get some daily 18s. S-Lines or Monza IIs methinks! :smiley:
I've got some free time tomorrow, I might trial fit one of the rears and see how complicated they'll be. I'm sure it'll be OK, I've got 2 grinders! :evilgrin:
TomB:
TC, check these out! :grin:
Thats the 9.5x18 ET46 wheel, I literally have 2-3mm clearance on the strut and the filler neck, and the arch liners will just cause scrapey noises so they'll have to go! :smiley:
Top Cat:
Yikes, :chicken: I thought your confidence would be short lived. :sad:
You should be able to sell them on though easy enough. :smiley:
Navigation
[0] Message Index
[#] Next page
[*] Previous page
Go to full version