Make a donation

Author Topic: A BIG thanks to Dave @ PDT/sedox  (Read 1504 times)

Offline Russ_leeds

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 16
A BIG thanks to Dave @ PDT/sedox
« on: June 25, 2012, 08:23:03 pm »
Hi all,
well as some of you may know I attended the rr day at pdt the other month and I was having some problems with my car hitting a 'flat' spot at circa 5k. On Friday I had another trip up to see dave to try and resolve this issue. Its always a great service up there and Dave really knows his stuff.
It was a really strange problem as one run it would be fine and the next my afr was all over the place (sometimes other things were all over aswell). Dave spent ages logging the car and studying the results trying to get to the bottom of it, and after a few hours he found it  :jumpmove:

When my intake was fitted by a mate (dont really want to tell him as he was trying to help) one of the jubilee clips wasn't secured on the turbo properly, causing essentially a boost leak. As air was entering the turbo which the maf didnt see the ecu didnt know what to do  :signLOL:

Again thanks Dave, you were great and i'm really glad its sorted. The car pulls hard all the way now rather than dying @ 5k :notworthy: :love:

Cheers
Russ
Black 2007 gti, 18' monza 2, sat-nav, highline, i-pod dock, armrest, 35mm H&R springs, WALK, BCS tbe, autotech front and rear arbs, ITG maxogen, NQSBBK... and more to come

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
Re: A BIG thanks to Dave @ PDT/sedox
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 08:34:53 pm »
Glad you got it sorted,Dave sure knows is stuff

Offline PDT

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 142
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 11:23:59 pm »
Thanks for the feedback Russ, glad we got it resolved and it wasnt a fuelling issue as we first thought.

How does stg2 with a fuel pump feel compared to stg1?

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2012, 11:43:41 pm »

Can be fidly seating that hose on the turbo and getting the clip or jubilee on nice and even and secure.

Glad you're sorted bud