Make a donation

Author Topic: k03 GTI DSG - revo stage 2 settings (precat delete)  (Read 1395 times)

Offline JMP

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 3
k03 GTI DSG - revo stage 2 settings (precat delete)
« on: July 04, 2012, 08:52:51 pm »
Im getting my -07 k03 DSG GTI Golf revoed on Monday and looking for some feedback regarding the hw setup that I have + settings what to use. I already spoke to revo people and my dealer, so they are recommmending stage 2 for me. Is there anyone else running around with only the precat delete (I mean without a larger aftermarket downpipe) and what B,T,F settings are you using? Have you been on the dyno?

I will be doing my own logging to find my own optimal settings, but just looking for some discussion  :driver:

I really like my current HW setup, its pretty silent and engine seems to run really well. The engine related changes in my car are following:
- Precat delete from original downpipe, stock catback
- ITG maxogen intake
- s3 IC
- Oettinger turbot outlet kit
- A3 throttle pipe (noise pipe delete)
- DV revision D but changing to G
- driving always with V-power (99+ octane)

Offline PDT

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 142
    • Email
Re: k03 GTI DSG - revo stage 2 settings (precat delete)
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2012, 10:38:58 pm »
1. I would not recommend stg2 for just a pre cat delete, ideally needs full down pipe and decat/sportscat
2. The revo dealer should datalog and set the car up appropriately
3. Other peoples settings will not apply to your car, but as a guide boost 7-9 Timing 2-7 Fuel 9

Offline JMP

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 3
Re: k03 GTI DSG - revo stage 2 settings (precat delete)
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2012, 10:54:16 pm »
Are there some kind of problems to expect if going with stage 2 now and just keeping the settings sensible? How would the stage 1 drive with all of my mods, any rough idea? Im mostly looking to get maximum power out of my setup, I can live without a mountain of torque.