All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

Selling my car and want some oppinions what to get next

<< < (3/4) > >>

stealthwolf:

--- Quote from: Rich on May 30, 2009, 12:00:07 pm ---Moving out is the worse thing u can do lol.


U have to pay ur bills then which lleaves u skinteg. poll tax, council tax, water, electric, gas, food bills etc...   :sad:






--- End quote ---
Tell me about it. Last year, I saved aroud £10k (which went on the MK5). This year, I've saved.......£200!!!

I'm heading back home next year (mainly because I'm moving jobs) and I could save enough to buy a house, if I'm careful!

true-blue:

--- Quote from: savechip17 on May 30, 2009, 11:33:14 am ---ive had a type s/type r and reason i sold it was it just didnt like to stay on the road.

bit to fierce. slippery on roundabouts too.

might not go for a 2 seater anymore, and yeah i wana go try another petrol.  whats the cheapet/ earliest model i can pick up a gti mk5?

love the golfs/ hatchbacks too but just cant decide

having a look on piston head too buddy thanks

--- End quote ---


Type r that didn't like to stay on the road  :surprised:  How do you drive?

Seriously, A CTR is a great weapon for the cash (the breadvan version) steering can feel a little lifeless but a geometry change by ABP motorsport changes that and doesn't cost a lot.  

I'd also look for an integra DC2, very very raw but fantastic to drive when you're in the mood. Out of your lower price range, but an integra DC5 (import only) 240bhp and an awesome compromise between comfortable daily driver and track terrorist - much better than a CTR!

On a serious note, if you had trouble keeping your CTR on the road DON'T buy an early S2000 what ever you do. I had one in 1999 when they first came out and the handling was far from predictable on the limit in the dry!!  in the wet is another story altoghether  :scared:

If you're sticking to the lower and of your budget what about an early Clio Trophy, had very expensive trick suspension as standard and as a result is a hoot to drive.

TomB:
Keep £1000 in your account at all times if you get a Renaultsport Clio, just in case the driveshafts and exhaust go in the same week!

They go and handle well but they're bloody expensive when they go wrong!

If it was me, I'd get an S3.

true-blue:
If you want practical, smart and cheap what about a MkII octavia VRS...... Just need to see beyond the badge :smiley:

They're starting to be available for £7k which is not much money at all for what's on offer.

stealthwolf:
One of my mates sold his ED30 and bought a BMW Z4 convertible for about £8k.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version