All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area
Air Con & Fuel.....
Ifti:
A [stingy] mate of mine told me that he didnt use air con very much since it used fuel?
Is this correct? If so, how much fuel can having your air con switched on possibly use??
v2brett:
it will use a bit more, not sure on the exact figure but i can remember JC on topgear saying a civic will do 6mpg less if the aircons on :confused: :confused: but i think the bigger the engine the less fuel it will use as its not struggling as much. IMO its worth the fuel :driver:
bacillus:
I recon it's about 2mpg difference on my car...
vwrascal:
deffo worth the extra vpower wasteage today, I was cooler than zac efron holidaying in the antarctic :chicken:
Ifti:
I really didnt think it used that much. I have had the air con on recently, and have been getting around 2-3mpg lower then usual, on a normal run. I actually thought somet was wrong initially, but forgot about having the air con switched on! lol
Navigation
[0] Message Index
[#] Next page
Go to full version