Make a donation

Author Topic: Recomended upgrades  (Read 2690 times)

Offline snapey

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 22
    • Email
Recomended upgrades
« on: November 20, 2008, 11:20:15 pm »
How do all?

I'd regard my self not to be muppet with regards to tuning and coming from a diesel Peugeot 206 to VW people will more often than not have different recommendations with regards to upgrades. I've had a look over the website and many people seem to be running ITG filers over standard. I previously had a BMC filter on the 206 and that was only because of peoples recommendations.

If you could suggest what many of you would regard as being the norm with regards to upgrades (performance wise mainly as i regards the looks and handling spot on but I'm open to suggestions) it would be much appreciated. I as say its a new world to be not only with it being a VW but a petrol.

Many thanks

Luke
If you have to ask why, you'll never understand.

Offline T88OMM

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
Re: Recomended upgrades
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 10:21:04 am »
A filter is a good start and the ITG may be a little more expensive than most but it is the best. As regards to upgrades it depends on how much you are wanting to spend.

One of the most simple and most effective upgrades for a GTI is a remap. There are many reputable companies such as APR, Revo, Custom Code, Superchips etc. that will give you impressive gains, 35-45 BHP is the norm.

There are other mods such as coilover suspension and anti-roll bars to improve the cars handling. A limited slip differential to improve traction and full turbo back exhaust systems to improve power. It all comes down to how far you want to go with it and how much you want to spend  :happy2:
TT-RS Plus - S-Tronic

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2008, 05:23:29 pm »

Welcome to the forum, Luke  :happy2:

3 years ago when I bought my brand new Mk5 GTI I had never modified a car before. It's a very slippery slope once you start!

:evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline T88OMM

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2008, 02:07:07 pm »
Spending time on here will hurt you wallet a lot.  :jumpmove:
TT-RS Plus - S-Tronic