All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area
Fuel Pumps...
WhiteGTI:
I've been told by a few reputable tuners that the APR pump is leagues ahead of the rest :smiley:
jonnyc:
--- Quote from: WhiteGTI on June 06, 2009, 11:06:48 pm ---I've been told by a few reputable tuners that the APR pump is leagues ahead of the rest :smiley:
--- End quote ---
Do they sell APR parts by any chance?
I have had Autotech on my car for over 15k miles now running it flat out.. It was taken off the car only a couple of hundred miles ago to be inspected for wear and it was perfect..
I think a lot of it is scare mongering on APR's part.. Thats why they get away with the price
.. Mine will probably sh*t itself now I have said that!
Anyways! I say go for whatever you want really, they all do the same job, and there certainly isn't a performance advantage with one fuel pump over another, not unless the map is requesting more fuel..
bacillus:
I wonder if anyone actually knows if the stroke volume with each of these uprated pumps are identical or not
WhiteGTI:
Yeah the tuners in question have experience and sell both the APR and Autotech. They just commented that the quality of the components and general design of the APR was better.
I'm sure you're right in that they are all pretty much the same, and as long as you don't get a "friday pump" of either brand then it will be fine. :smiley:
jonnyc:
--- Quote from: WhiteGTI on June 06, 2009, 11:21:15 pm ---Yeah the tuners in question have experience and sell both the APR and Autotech. They just commented that the quality of the components and general design of the APR was better.
I'm sure you're right in that they are all pretty much the same, and as long as you don't get a "friday pump" of either brand then it will be fine. :smiley:
--- End quote ---
Too right! I think that the early Autotech pumps weren't great but they seem to have sorted it out now..
It would be interesting to try an APR pump myself to just see if there is anything different, I very much suspect not but would be interesting..
Navigation
[0] Message Index
[#] Next page
[*] Previous page
Go to full version