Make a donation

Author Topic: Iphone 5  (Read 18638 times)

Offline tony_danza

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
Re: Iphone 5
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2012, 11:49:53 pm »
Ha!

My Dad could 'ave your Dad. Are we really arguing about phones?
Sideways yo!

Offline Frodo-anni

• Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 45
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2012, 11:54:44 pm »
Does it ring someone = yes, does it text someone = yes  :signLOL:

all do the same thing pretty much just in a different box  :P
mk4 Anniversary pd No0341 - Sold
mk5 GTI Edition 30 DSG No0391

h4rdy

« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2012, 12:01:07 am »
Ha!

My Dad could 'ave your Dad. Are we really arguing about phones?

+1 get a grip guys its just a phone!

Offline galaxie500

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 37
  • -Receive: 13
  • 56 plate 5 door in Black Pearl Metallic
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2012, 12:05:20 am »
Love how worked up this topic is getting certain people.
I've never bought anything blindly Jstav -  especially something as expensive and important as a mobile telephone.  I'm freelance, my livelihood rests on being available for work and that means contactable.  Sure - there are many telephones on the market but as I've always had Apple Macintosh computers, the natural progression from the mundane Nokia's and Motorolas I've had over the years was to the iPhone.  I didn't jump on board immediately, I waited for the inevitable bugs to be ironed out, read all I could and bought the 2nd iteration.
The Samsung products are a direct response to the iPhone.  As is the Taiwanese HTC family.  I don't really see your point Jstav - the iPhone was and still is a 'game changer'.  Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery and the Japanese & Taiwanese haven't moved anything forward. Apple are simply honing their craft.  If there was a truly new and innovative product out there from anyone I'd be interested.  There isn't one.

h4rdy

« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2012, 01:06:14 am »
Had both, nothing wrong with either.

Apparently a few groans were heard in the 'event'!

I have an S2 with a year left on the contract so ill be sticking with it, again nothing wrong.

I was considering a change next year back to Apple but I won't make that decision yet.

I think Apple think they can just rest on their laurels now and ride the Gravy Train with their name on it.

Shame I used to love Apple, still do, but they have to refind their dynamism again, that left with Steve Jobs, R.I.P. :sad1:

I am also not sure if I like the Ferrari method of protecting their image/name/products etc etc it can sometimes have a negative effect.

Offline MarkMarked

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2012, 02:11:27 am »
A few impressions of the new iPhone

nano sim - absolutely no chance in picking up a local payg sim abroad  :sick:

IOS 6 minor changes, nothing to write home about

LTE, at last

taller screen, those older apps are going to look pretty nasty stuck in a letterbox  :sick:

new dock connector, and they want £30 for an adapter to fit the old docks, a total ripoff, and how will this work with the VW MDI interface?

Offline dodds-gttdi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 22
  • -Receive: 34
  • Edinburgh
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2012, 07:57:13 am »

LTE, at last

taller screen, those older apps are going to look pretty nasty stuck in a letterbox  :sick:

new dock connector, and they want £30 for an adapter to fit the old docks, a total ripoff, and how will this work with the VW MDI interface?

Well summed up!  :happy2: I have an iPhone 4S at the min so I'm not even considering changing for the very minor hardware changes. iOS 6 will be available for my phone on the 19th so after then I'll have a phone with no less capability (software-wise) than the 5.

As you say the taller screen will give a letterbox effect. Most app providers say this will be fixable very easily so I'd expect this to be fixed with an app update pretty soon. LTE won't affect me as I currently struggle to get 3G at my home.

Nano SIM's will be readily available anywhere, home or abroad. All it'll require is a pair of scissors and a template. My friend is currently running his only full size sim in an iPohne 4S after my handy scissor-work converted it to a micro-SIM for him. It'll just be cutting it closer to the chip this time round.

The new connector is where I weep tho. We all understand the redundancy of te old 30-pin connector but apple adaptors are never gonna be cheap. And how many dock/accessories/MDI/etc are we all gonna have to convert over... :scared:

Offline monte

• Thank You
  • -Given: 116
  • -Receive: 134
  • Global Ruler
    • Deep-Shine Detail. Detailing-Wrapping-Tints. Lincoln.
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,67679.0.html
« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2012, 08:17:27 am »

LTE, at last

You forgot to mention the new A6 chip, which is said to be twice as fast as the A5 that is in the 4S and the iPad.  :star:

Offline Horatio

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 39
« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2012, 08:30:48 am »
2007 Black Magic DSG Golf GTI Edition 30. No.1231
.:R32 "milk and juice come in 2 litres"
I run a dirty campervan, need scrubbers

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2012, 09:45:07 am »
Well, im definitely upgrading. Love my 4S to bits, so that with a nice widescreen, a bit more power and a slimmer case is all excellent imo. I'll just cut my micro sim down.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 09:47:08 am by Deako »

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2012, 09:46:45 am »
Well, im definitely upgrading. Love my 4S to bits, so that with a nice widescreen, a bit more power and a slimmer case is all excellent imo.

Sucker :wink:

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2012, 09:47:37 am »
Well, im definitely upgrading. Love my 4S to bits, so that with a nice widescreen, a bit more power and a slimmer case is all excellent imo.

Call me what you like.  :happy2: I couldnt give a hairy flying monkey. I spend my money on what i like.

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 81
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2012, 09:48:54 am »
I am changing from the 4 so should be a good change for me as I never go for the s version

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline JPC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2012, 09:49:35 am »
can the micro sims be cut down? I thought the chip was actually slightly different rather than just a smaller carrier? Dunno. I phone 3 yesterday and they wanted £5.32 for a new nano sim! Told them to jog on for the extra cash, then the said ok... F.O.C lol

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2012, 09:51:28 am »

Call me what you like.  :happy2: I couldnt give a hairy flying monkey. I spend my money on what i like.

I'm just pulling your leg!