All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

Today Ize mostly be distracted

<< < (3/6) > >>

mixit:

RedRobin:
^^^^ :signLOL: :signLOL:

pitch3110:
Bl**dy hell im tempted.

Can some one suggest how I convince wifey she needs it on her car.

Answers on a post card please..............................

Cant wait to hear how you get on. Is it really plug and PLAY?

Greeners:
Have you tried it on that 'Test Track' we used yet?

Oh and Robin, don't worry he was blaming me earlier in the week!  :P

mixit:

--- Quote from: pitch3110 on June 12, 2009, 10:00:02 pm ---Bl**dy hell im tempted.

Can some one suggest how I convince wifey she needs it on her car.

Answers on a post card please..............................

Cant wait to hear how you get on. Is it really plug and PLAY?

--- End quote ---

Certainly is mate  :happy2:

Had the unit delivered to my work address and rewarded myself with a Lunch Break.
Rang Superchips about the install ( not much in the instruction manual ) asked about Ignition positions but it all comes up on the handset. Once plugged into the cars ECU port ( under the steering column ), the STD Map upload process takes about 20 minutes. I sat in the car with a cup of coffee. :wink:

Superchips very kindly sent me a Blank CD  :rolleye: but that wasn't a problem as I just downloaded the Bluefin Software from their website. After connecting the handset to my PC's USB, the STD Map was uploaded to them in just 10 minutes.

I recieved the new Map within 10 minutes and was out in the car again in a flash. ( Skooz the pun )

Its been said before on here that a re-map is certainly the best value power increase available and I'd agree with that 100%.
I have yet to really exploit the increase as Iv'e just come back to work today. The A road I use daily was less congested today and I had the chance to really feel the difference. I won't put any more here as I intend to write a small review later.  :smiley:


--- Quote from: Greenouse on June 12, 2009, 10:01:21 pm ---Have you tried it on that 'Test Track' we used yet?

Oh and Robin, don't worry he was blaming me earlier in the week!  :P

--- End quote ---

Its funny, I had a phone call from my Nephew last night who knows about the.. cough... "Test Track".
I was telling him about the re-map and he wanted to go straight there with me for a thrash about.
Unfortunately 2 cans of 1664 had already been emptied by then so it wasn't possible.  :sad1:

As for Blame, Robin can take it for introducing me to the forum and you can have your share for taking me out in you ED30  :P
Today my head is full of Zorsts, Filters and Pipes, and words like Milltek, Forge, EVOMS, K&N etc, etc..
This slope sure is greasy.  :rolleye:

I'm not able to make "Inters" on the Sunday due to family comitments but now I'm even considering shutting the shop on the Saturday so I can not only meet you guys but get "Hands on" with some of this stuff. I'm hooked  :ashamed:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version