Make a donation

Author Topic: Had a full service at AmD Essex today - very pleased  (Read 1362 times)

Offline Welshman Adam

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 2
Had a full service at AmD Essex today - very pleased
« on: September 29, 2012, 08:49:15 pm »
Took the ED30 in to AmD today for a full service and I have to recommend them if you live in the area.

Usual stuff, all filters, plugs, oil, diagnostics etc. Didn't have a standard air filter fitted, upgraded to a Pipercross panel filter (added £25 to the usual service price of £234).

Couple of issues, one being a damaged air box. The bottom section was cracked in a few locations and needed replacing and this was replaced at a bargain price, and I've been advised of a slight buckle in the near side front wheel.

The most worrying thing about this service however is that despite the cars full service history with VW, the techs at AmD didn't think the air filter had ever been changed, and the spark plugs also looked like they'd been in there a long time - the car's done 58,000 miles and is nearly 6 years old. This is something I'll be taking up with VW.

Anyhow, I digress, this is a recommendation for AmD. Great service, and I even got to see their BTCC car in the workshop!  :driver: :happy2:
Black ED30 No. 1,328 - Gone but not forgotten...