All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area
My car is the DEVIL!!
T88OMM:
I had the same problem recently when I went to try and test drive the MK6 GTI. I had bought the ED30 brand new from the same garage in January of last year, I had no problems test driving a GTI then. I tried to book a test drive in the MK6 and they asked how old I was, 21, I replied. Oh we can no longer allow drivers under the age of 25 to test drive such a powerful car, I asked if I could arrange cover personally for the test drive and they refused. This really infuriated me, I was genuinely interested in the Mk6 I was not a window licker! I went to Audi the nexy day and they had no qualms whatsoever about me test driving a brand new S3 :surprised: Hence to say Audi got the sale and VW didn't :angry015:
WhiteGTI:
^^ That's absolutely ridiculous!!! Especially as you had bought a more powerful car from them previously!!!!
Edition30:
I know the feeling, the garage I get all my warranty work done at wouldnt let me test drive the Edition 30 they had in even though it was a demo car. So went to Otley and bought from them instead. I made this known to a salesman at the first one to let them know they didnt get the sale. Arses.
Just goes to show you shouldnt judge a book by its cover :happy2:
Roll on a week on Thursday and hopefully my car will be better :driver:
gaz b:
--- Quote from: Edition30 on June 14, 2009, 12:04:43 am ---Seems like I always have the worst luck with cars.
1st car. Granted it was french but still at just 3 years old it seemed to be ready for the scrappers traded that in for the Astra.
2nd Car. Again Vauxhall dont seem too popular on this site and rightly so, it was in the dealers every other week and still persisted with problems approaching 3 years so it seemed sensible to trade it in for the current car.
3rd car. Edition 30
Problems:
New engine at 4 months old and 4000 miles. First day I got it back it went into limp mode. Fantastic. All was fine up until about a month or so ago and the fan began to kick in all the time and the A/C was no longer blowing cold and also the centre caps seemed to have the dreaded worming effect.
Got the car back and it developed a loud whining noise and constantly judders and vibrates aswel as the fan still kicking in all the time. Apparently the small fan was replaced although I thought the smaller fan and bigger fan were 1 piece?
The fan still persists to kick in all the time and it has to go back in for a further 2 days for some motor stripping down and rebuilding :confused:
Something in the suspension was replaced A arm or something??
It really is not a pleasure to drive at the minute and I just become really stressed at the thought of driving it.
/rant over.
P.S what courtesy cars do you get if you take yours to VW and do you have to pay £10.95 insurance for the day?
Steve.
--- End quote ---
You just missed a great private plate that would have suited you on Ebay Edition 30. 666 JNX (jinx) :grin:
It was pretty cheap too.. :smiley:
Edition30:
:laugh: :jumping:
Think when March 2010 arrives it will be time for a new motor or possibly a replacement ED30 with a few extras I wish I had if the problems persist.
Navigation
[0] Message Index
[#] Next page
[*] Previous page
Go to full version