All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

Gearshift Problem....

<< < (5/22) > >>

RedRobin:
....

If it helps, VWR base # is 01908 210088

CocoPops:
Right,
We've temporarily put the standard shift bracket back on and it's working for now.

The channel in which the side side bracket fits into is shorter on the quick shift and so the side side bracket drops out of the end of it.
I'm sure there's a reason for this? but I can't see it at the moment and so my car cannot currently be fitted with the VW Racing Kit.

Still not heard from VWR, and have left a message with their HQ admin lady/receptionist/telephone answerer :) at 1pm.

Photo's to follow....

WhiteGTI:
What model year is your car Lee?

VW changed the design of the shifters very slightly for MY08 vehicles, resulting in any short-shifters designed for the VW 6-speed box up until this date to not work properly. Perhaps VWR are unaware of this? The only explanation that I can think of...

Greeners:
Well I for one hope there isn't a problem with it as were off to the Ring in a few days!  :scared:

markymark:

--- Quote from: Greenouse on June 15, 2009, 02:18:29 pm ---Well I for one hope there isn't a problem with it as were off to the Ring in a few days!  :scared:

--- End quote ---

I think you best add this to the essential items list for the ring! :chicken:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version