All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area
Gearshift Problem....
CocoPops:
Hi Mat,
I spoke to Mark yesterday when I called and he said they were awaiting new parts, due today. So I assume Sam will just say the same?
MAT ED30:
Ok fella u should get a new metal side to side with a bigger White slider on it. Nathan tried mine mine at inters and said it was spot on
QD MBE:
Hmmm :confused:
Top Cat:
I had a really good chat with VWR at Inters, what i am about to say is not going to help you much Lee i am afraid.
It has not only been Cocpops who has suffered with poor service over the last couple of weeks. The problem has not so much been about the failed parts more about the lack of communication around the works.
VWR know they have not been up to scratch recently in regards to dealing with us, and i also know first hand that they are making every effort to rectify this problem.
I feel we need to wait and see how things are over the next month or two. If it gets no better then it would be their loss and their reputation.
As i have already mentioned they know where there short comings have been, and they are now actively making a big effort to rectify this.
I also feel that when they do sort out these problems, they will be a great company for us to be associated with. :smiley:
RedRobin:
--- Quote from: CocoPops on June 30, 2009, 07:59:08 am ---
--- Quote from: RedRobin on June 29, 2009, 11:47:36 pm ---There's absolutely no point or justification in getting pissed of with VWR over this - They are doing all they can in the circumstances - Mat knows they are and I know they are. These things happen and they invariably get put right.
--- End quote ---
Robin,
Whilst I appreciate your loyalty and support towards VWR, they have left me in a not particularly nice situation.
...it shouldn't be left to a fellow forum member to post these, however close to VWR he is.
[I've just read TC's post and we are both independently saying exactly the same!]
Sadly I couldn't make Inters, otherwise I'm sure VWR would have explained this, but thats hardly customer service is it? What does it take to pick up the phone (having my number) to say "Sorry Lee, we're experiencing delays" or "Sorry Lee, we've now changed our mind on the problem and we think it's this and that... and we need to wait for a new part".
Perhaps expectations were a little high, but I'm still annoyed at the fact the issue happened in France on a Sunday, I limped home and only on the Tuesday did they call, and here we are now 2weeks from their call to me, with no change.
Tell me, you wouldn't be ever so slightly pissed off?
I don't think I've said anything out of turn here? Please explain if I have and I'll retract, but I think I've given fair comments all the way through this thread.
Thanks,
Lee.
--- End quote ---
....I suppose that because I'm up at VWR quite a lot I see their situation more first hand and see what pressures they work under (Ooops! someone rolled the Caddy and it needs to be race-ready next weekend, sort of problem). So, in other words, I see their point of view. This isn't meant to excuse VWR and I do appreciate the customer pov. Basically they have only recently started to offer products outside their racing clients and personally I think they need to expand their staff to deal with it better. I'm up there again this week and will share my views with Sam (the boss) and the rest is up to him of course.
The problem stems from people's expectations - Customers are used to good 'retail' service and expect the same as from people like JKM and Awesome. It's very early days for VWR/RL's offerings outside racing and hopefully they will learn from this unfortunate gearshifter case.
I think the main fault here is not keeping up to date with customers. Mark is very overloaded and it's a wonder he achieves as much as he does.
VWR/RL urgently need to make some improvements to their communications but let's not all condemn the standard of their work over the lack of a few phone calls.
I think it's actually very constructive in the longer term that you have expressed your feelings, Coco. :happy2:
P.S.- I've just read TC's post and see that we are both independently saying the same!
Navigation
[0] Message Index
[#] Next page
[*] Previous page
Go to full version