All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area
Gearshift Problem....
RedRobin:
....
There's absolutely no point or justification in getting pissed of with VWR over this - They are doing all they can in the circumstances - Mat knows they are and I know they are. These things happen and they invariably get put right.
SteveP:
^^^ Sorry Robin but especially Lee (Cocopop's) has every right to feel let down by VWR as he has received substandard customer service to date IMHO.
While I agree VWR are now working to rectify the issues (and have also offered refunds) the point is that being promised something will happen on on a certain date (i.e. the replacement parts being posted) which then doesn't happen it takes 30 seconds to pick-up the phone and explain, but instead he's left waiting or having to constantly chase them for updates.
WhiteGTI:
^^ +1, and hear the updates along the grapevine from another forum member (no disrespect to Mat at all), which quite frankly is appauling service IMO...
I'm happy that the problem now seems to have been rectified for most of the involved parties, but it seems that of everyone involved Lee's is the car that is still broken....not great when you consider that he was the one that first reported the problem!!!!
CocoPops:
--- Quote from: RedRobin on June 29, 2009, 11:47:36 pm ---There's absolutely no point or justification in getting pissed of with VWR over this - They are doing all they can in the circumstances - Mat knows they are and I know they are. These things happen and they invariably get put right.
--- End quote ---
Robin,
Whilst I appreciate your loyalty and support towards VWR, they have left me in a not particularly nice situation.
I was told that the parts would be here, they knew what the problem was and how to fix it.
A week came and went, no parts, no phone call, not even a PM through here.
Someone from VWR even came on yesterday and posted servicing costs, so I can only assume they didn't see this thread else they'd have posted surely?
I called them yesterday and was told they are again waiting parts and that they will be posted out to me today, so in theory they should be here tomorrow?
So far I am less than happy with the situation, I'm still driving round with a sloppy gearchange. Presumably its getting worse as the black bracket is wearing away against the metal bracket as the white bush is missing?
Whilst I appreciate Mat's updates, it shouldn't be left to a fellow forum member to post these, however close to VWR he is.
Sadly I couldn't make Inters, otherwise I'm sure VWR would have explained this, but thats hardly customer service is it? What does it take to pick up the phone (having my number) to say "Sorry Lee, we're experiencing delays" or "Sorry Lee, we've now changed our mind on the problem and we think it's this and that... and we need to wait for a new part".
Perhaps expectations were a little high, but I'm still annoyed at the fact the issue happened in France on a Sunday, I limped home and only on the Tuesday did they call, and here we are now 2weeks from their call to me, with no change.
Tell me, you wouldn't be ever so slightly pissed off?
I don't think I've said anything out of turn here? Please explain if I have and I'll retract, but I think I've given fair comments all the way through this thread.
Thanks,
Lee.
MAT ED30:
Lee give them a call and speak to sam and say mat said to call you about the shifters. He will sort it very quick
Navigation
[0] Message Index
[#] Next page
[*] Previous page
Go to full version