All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

High Mileage GTI's

<< < (7/7)

mixit:
Guys, Iv'e been thinking about this and IIRC there wasn't actually an official recall. Sorry.  :ashamed:
I vaguely remember a discussion on Tyresmoke about the "clonk" on left turn and someone saying there would be a recall. I enquired with my dealer after my car developed the symptoms and they looked into it and then sent me a letter saying it would be dealt with as a recall and would I take the car in. So it wasn't an official recall, just my dealer wording it as such. Sorry if it's confused folk.  :embarrassed: It didn't cost me anything for the replacement rack though and I would think it would still be replaced FOC even if the cars out of warranty, as its a known issue.  :confused:

ub7rm:
^^ I think there was a technical buletin about this where the issue was described as a 'comfort' issue.  The jist of it was that if the customer complained about the noise to replace it but if not to leave the rack in place as it wasn't a safety issue.

Mine was replaced under warranty.  Its a strange noise to try and describe, sort of like a rubber squeek when applying full left lock.  Not to be confused with a quiet hum/whir which is from the electric motor activating when you turn the wheel...

TomB:
Mine makes a "stomach rumbling" type noise when you turn the wheel, I take it this the noise everyone else has!

mixit:
Thats a pretty good way of describing it actually  :happy2: The VDub Grumbletum  :grin:

ub7rm:

--- Quote from: TomB on June 16, 2009, 01:44:33 pm ---Mine makes a "stomach rumbling" type noise when you turn the wheel, I take it this the noise everyone else has!

--- End quote ---

Thats the bugger!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version