All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

High Mileage GTI's

<< < (6/7) > >>

RedRobin:

--- Quote from: winrya on June 15, 2009, 10:09:39 pm ---
when my june 05 rack was replaced the notification from vw was to replace if asked about but not to raise a recall as its not a safety issue and the cost is around 1k


--- End quote ---

....Which is as I feared. £1k huh? Ouch!!

So what's the problem if one just puts up with the creaks 'n squeaks and doesn't replace it?

cmdrfire:
Creaks more than squeaks but not safety-related, just obsessive-compulsive German engineers.

Tarmac_Terrorist:
If I put my rack on full lock, she giggles  :signLOL:

I assume this rack issue was ok on MY06 cars?  Mine is a MY 06 delivered May 06. Low mileage so unlikely to know any different at the moment.

RedRobin:
^^^^
Hi Phil :smiley:

No, mine is a MY06 (July 2005). I expect you already know that the build year naming changes in June in Wolfsburg. A bit like our number plates.

[I like a gal who giggles :evilgrin:]

no golf clubs at all:
Robin I've got a sept 05 my06 build, if they're was an official recall and you find out about it can you post please? You have posted a few times about your good relationship with your dealer. I didn't buy from new and don't have any faith in my local dealers up here. I seem to remember that this was listed under inconveinience rather than fault. Mine is ok but if there was a general recall and my car was missed I'd hope vw would honour it now despite being out of warranty.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version