All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

VW Servicing Price Match - check this out!

<< < (5/5)

ub7rm:

--- Quote from: RedRobin on June 17, 2009, 04:00:44 pm ---
....I never said that paying a premium price is a guarantee, did I.


--- End quote ---

Not in those words but



--- Quote from: RedRobin on June 17, 2009, 02:18:44 pm ---

Pay peanuts and you get monkeys!


--- End quote ---

Does suggest that.


--- Quote from: RedRobin on June 17, 2009, 04:00:44 pm ---
You've hit the nail on the head in that ANY garage ANYWHERE, whether VW, big or small, etc etc, can be either excellent or piss poor.

The question you also need to ask is how well equipped a garage is to deal with certain cars. That's regardless of the excellence of their customer service or ability with other cars. Would you put your DSG in the hands of any old gearbox mechanic?

--- End quote ---

Absolutely.  With VW their mechanics are trained with the latest knowledge straight from the horses mouth, so to speak, and I agree this is, theoretically, worth a premium.  The frustration many of us have is despite paying a premium you don't get a return on your money.  VW can afford to buy all the respect they need whereas all independents have to earn it.

As the technology gets older and independents get hands on experience of it it will become less important to have VW do the work.  This is always the way with any kind of technology.  That said there will always be jobs that its better to have someone with intimate knowledge of the car and its technology do.

To me its not a question of cash, its a question of value.  Even the fact that they price match suggests they know fine they are taking the customer for a ride - if they can afford to do the work at the same price as an indy, why the hell are they charging so much more in the first place?

RedRobin:
^^^^
I agree, ub7rm - Good value and skill is what a car owner needs.

Like I say, in my opinion, there's good and bad out there, whether a local oil-rag garage or a swanky dealership.

Whoever they are, hard-nosed business people charge as much as they can get away with and so this VW Servicing Price Match thingy is a good idea. Unfortunately, as already pointed out, there's plenty of unscrupulous people who will try and screw others, whether they are a garage business or a customer.

The wheel man:
Lets not forget though that VW are a business and the bottom line on anything is money. 

In my addmittedly short time working (13 yrs) i have learnt a very important fact.  If you price high you can make people think they are getting a deal by dropping you price to 'match' others, price low and you have no where to go and cannot compete (generally) with the more expensive service at a great price (realistic price)

Still a great offer that i will be taking full advantage of in the near future  :happy2:

Caz:
It is a good offer and it should be mentioned more at dealers rather than ppl finding it out through the website..

I cant argue that vw are better than other garages, technician wise etc.. but my personal opinion is that, kinda agreeing with part of RR's comment that with having souch a new vehicle, I (personaly) couldnt take it to bob round the corner, bob and his crew maybe trained mechanics, but id be happier having my car looked at and fixed by technicians that are 100% qualified to work on vws, are reguarly trained and updated on new info.. plus, I vw dealerships, like most brands, are nice places to sit and wait if needed, free tea and coffee, proper cups, plus i could have a car for the day if needed, a new car at that, or be dropped at home.. sure, argue that that might not add up to the expensive prices that you may think, but, for me, certain things add up to a feel better moment..  :smiley:

RedRobin:

--- Quote from: Caz on June 18, 2009, 09:57:13 am ---
I cant argue that vw are better than other garages, technician wise etc.. but my personal opinion is that, kinda agreeing with part of RR's comment that with having souch a new vehicle, I (personaly) couldnt take it to bob round the corner, bob and his crew maybe trained mechanics, but id be happier having my car looked at and fixed by technicians that are 100% qualified to work on vws, are reguarly trained and updated on new info.. plus, I vw dealerships, like most brands, are nice places to sit and wait if needed, free tea and coffee, proper cups, plus i could have a car for the day if needed, a new car at that, or be dropped at home.. sure, argue that that might not add up to the expensive prices that you may think, but, for me, certain things add up to a feel better moment..  :smiley:


--- End quote ---

....That's exactly how I feel about it - A feel-good experience and seeing one or two friends while I'm there.

However, I didn't really appreciate it when they lent me a Toyota Yaris for a joke!! Quite the worst car I have ever driven by a loooong way!! Latest version too. So bad that I couldn't even bring myself to write a review of it - I simply wouldn't have one good word to write! Could be a laugh though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version