All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area
VW Servicing Price Match - check this out!
TomB:
--- Quote from: RedRobin on June 17, 2009, 02:18:44 pm ---....
Pay peanuts and you get monkeys!
A Service at a good VW dealer involves more than just an oil change. ESI = Extra Saftey Inspection - And it's free of charge.
If you've got a modern car like a Mk5, don't feck about! It's simply not worth it.
--- End quote ---
Sorry for trying to help people save money RR, buts thats what this post is all about.
I don't know why you think you'll get a worse service by getting a competitive quote, the technician doesn't know how much you're paying, all he knows is he gets £10 of whatever I pay the dealer per hour, the rest goes to the business.
If you use VWR for your work, good for you, but I've made this post to help people who get work done at their dealers.
I'm not trying to promote the devils work, this is a Volkswagen offer taken from their website! Please stop the negativity.
RedRobin:
^^^^
Yep, a 'ton' per hour is taking the Arthur Bliss! "Bunse" as Del Boy would say.
ub7rm:
--- Quote from: RedRobin on June 17, 2009, 02:18:44 pm ---....
Pay peanuts and you get monkeys!
A Service at a good VW dealer involves more than just an oil change. ESI = Extra Saftey Inspection - And it's free of charge.
If you've got a modern car like a Mk5, don't feck about! It's simply not worth it.
--- End quote ---
A premium price does not mean a premium service at all. You seem to be blessed with a fantastic dealer nearby which is great, for you, but, like the vast majority I have a mediocre to piss poor dealer on my doorstep and I very much grudge paying them over the odds. For now I do use them as they have the best knowledge of mk5 gti's but as they are getting older and more common that may change soon...
For my old car and my g/f's car I use a small family run garage that charges half what VW charges but gives 1000 times better service. The mk5 may be getting their business in the near future.
In the mean time, my dealer don't miss a trick to screw me out of more money so I shan't be missing any trick to screw them out of more money :happy2:
RedRobin:
--- Quote from: TomB on June 17, 2009, 03:38:08 pm ---
I've made this post to help people who get work done at their dealers.
I'm not trying to promote the devils work, this is a Volkswagen offer taken from their website! Please stop the negativity.
--- End quote ---
....You've got the wrong end of the stick. I'm not saying that this price match offer is a bad thing at all. I was just responding to other comments.
Besides, what's wrong with adding some balance to the discussion? - Not being negative by a long chalk, buddy! I suggest you read my posts more carefully.
8)
RedRobin:
--- Quote from: ub7rm on June 17, 2009, 03:51:47 pm ---
A premium price does not mean a premium service at all. You seem to be blessed with a fantastic dealer nearby which is great, for you, but, like the vast majority I have a mediocre to piss poor dealer on my doorstep and I very much grudge paying them over the odds. For now I do use them as they have the best knowledge of mk5 gti's but as they are getting older and more common that may change soon...
For my old car and my g/f's car I use a small family run garage that charges half what VW charges but gives 1000 times better service. The mk5 may be getting their business in the near future.
In the mean time, my dealer don't miss a trick to screw me out of more money so I shan't be missing any trick to screw them out of more money :happy2:
--- End quote ---
....I never said that paying a premium price is a guarantee, did I.
You've hit the nail on the head in that ANY garage ANYWHERE, whether VW, big or small, etc etc, can be either excellent or piss poor.
The question you also need to ask is how well equipped a garage is to deal with certain cars. That's regardless of the excellence of their customer service or ability with other cars. Would you put your DSG in the hands of any old gearbox mechanic?
Navigation
[0] Message Index
[#] Next page
[*] Previous page
Go to full version