Make a donation

Author Topic: Help please??!!  (Read 1095 times)

Offline a.j.baker14

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 0
Help please??!!
« on: October 29, 2012, 09:59:05 pm »
Hi guys, my misses has a 1999 mk4 golf gti turbo, which has developed some weired going ons, when ideling the car shakes like mad but also wants to cut out, when accelerating in every gear it doesn't want to move and really shakes you can actually see the gear stick shaking it has lost a lot of pull and power, so I took it to a local garage and he changed the plugs- no change, then changed the plugs again and the coil packs still no change so then did compression test all was good, then started testing the injectors and never 3 was looking like the problem, so he then changed number 3 to number 2 to see if the problem moved but it still stayed at number 3!! We are all confused and its costing me a small fortune hopefully some one might have had the same problem and could help me out thanks very much guys (p.s the fault code reader is only showing a temp sensor) thanks again in advance

Offline ianv5

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 12
Re: Help please??!!
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 04:22:49 am »
Does your Aircon work, e.g blow cold?

I had a MK4 Golf v5 and mine had similar symptoms to your GTI.

See this link on the Cupra forum which pertains to the MK4 Golf as well:

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=331943

It might help.

Rgds

Ian

Offline GLIDN

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 19
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2012, 05:53:08 am »
If the car kind of sounds like a subaru at present, you will find on the back of the airbox, is a ignition amplifier. Replace that and you should have everything sorted.

Helped my sister with het Audi A3 1.8t only 6 weeks ago. If problems stay on cylinder with plugs replaced/swapped and coil packs replaced/swapped. It's the Ignition amplifier.

Offline a.j.baker14

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2012, 10:43:15 am »
Yea it dose sound like a Subaru at the moment would it be worth trying to get an amp from the scrappy or is it best to buy new? Thanks for your help