All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area
using oil.
cuzmk5:
Hi all. how much oil does your gti use? i heard people saying 1 ltr every 1000 mile.
friend of mine has just got 1 from the local steelers, he checked the oil the day after he got it and found it was on min.
he got the stealers to top it up. he just checked it the other day after doing 500 mile after the top up an found it was back on min. its a 55 plate done 30 000, ive told it to get it back to them as it shundnt be using that much.
bacillus:
The fsi engine can use alot of oil!
Anything under 1 litre/600 miles is considered to be within normal VW limits.
cuzmk5:
how many ltrs of oil does it hold from min to max on the dip stick?
WILLZIE:
Mine used 1 litre of oil every 2 months, I think this was quite alot!, best advice I got was give it some good hard drives (Altho I'm a slow driver) to get oil into all the places where it doesn't normal get stretched to - This worked and now doesn't use much oil.
Give that ago as the GTi is a real drivers car, rather than the dealer thrashing it.
Hurdy:
I change the oil every 5k miles and have only once in two years had to top up with about 1/2 litre of oil. Now at 17k miles. :happy2:
Navigation
[0] Message Index
[#] Next page
Go to full version