All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area
plate concerns
RedRobin:
^^^^
Hey, Jay, buddy - You and Steph and your gang have to come to The Ring one day! It's one of those 'must-do-in-your-life' things for car enthusiasts.
Coolest plate I saw was 'GT03 BUZ' on a bright orange Porsche GT3 - Almost as cool as 'VW05 RED' :evilgrin:
:happy2:
Caz:
well..
my 'illegal' plates were the first thing i bought for gordon last year.lol
i am aware theyre illegal, even more so with the rear plate being white too (its on my list of things to do, get a yellow one.. :innocent:) ...
like a couple ppl on here i told, i got pulled for them for the first time 2 weeks ago.. but tuned out, the officer was a customer of mine and a fellow golf owner.lol he let me go..
basically, there isnt such a thing as a german style uk legal plate.. 3d plates are illegal, presssed plates illegal, any logo other than the europe badge is illegal, any font other than the norm is illegal, spacing as to be as norm..
tbh, its all a bit ridiculous..
pazz:
Small plates are just asking for trouble on a car, I have never understood why people buy them.
I'm personally not a fan of cool plates either. I was very tempted with a previous car to buy a plate which related to the model variant; it being a very rare car. However I am glad now that I didnt.
Each to their own and all, but I say get something that means something to you personally, not just the car.
RedRobin:
--- Quote from: pazz on June 23, 2009, 10:44:59 pm ---
Each to their own and all, but I say get something that means something to you personally, not just the car.
--- End quote ---
....I prefer something which relates to the car rather than my ego. However, I got lucky with mine - 'VW' for Volkswagen, '05' for Mk5, 'RED' both for the car colour and my music persona RedRobin Music Productions, and all totally legal so no hassles. It gives my ride a memorable identity and gives people I've never met before the chance to approach me.
I'm used to it but was surprised by the amount of attention I got at The Ring [cue for me to be told that that was for quite different reasons!]
celica:
if you want german style, go for dubmeister which are legal
otherwise not worth the hassle being targeted IMO
Navigation
[0] Message Index
[#] Next page
[*] Previous page
Go to full version