All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area
plate concerns
no golf clubs at all:
I was getting new plates at the weekend and was musing over just leaving the space out too. You see such flagrant breaches of the law I had convinced myself that AB55DVL was ok rather than AB55 DVL. No significance in the number just thought it looked better.
The local strathclyde police are such efficient and lovely people with an eye for design detail that I don't think I will bother.
Just some nice legal "raised" plates I think with euro GB at the side. Spoilsports :-(
I also wish that we were allowed black background and silver fonts like pre 1973 cars. Could look great against the gti front.
gulfstream11:
I had them on my MKIV,ran them for 3 years and was pulled twice..Once for an insurance hiccup.Traffic had scanned my plates,computer said no and pulled me.Turns out the insurance company made a typo on the reg number.Anyhoo,thought I,d blown it when he went to the nearside to speak to me,saw I was,nt there and walked v e r y slowly to the drivers side.Invited me into the volvo and showed me the computer read out.Then asked if i was in the Forces,I said no and set about the pre planned speech about just been to a show,originals in the boot,blah blah. They said no problem,they scanned them fine so no issues.(Sheffield J35).
2nd time I forgot to put my lights on,got pulled,again nothing said about the plates.(Doncaster)
These were the type with the german D and proper german font..I know I was lucky and others have had severe warnings etc.
My opinion,I would,nt do it now on the MKIV and dont think they suit the MKV.
Gulf
joesgti:
not saying anything in this thred, :signLOL:
plate haters!! :P
VC:
reading caz's comments it would seem that my cornish flag on the plate is not allowed.
but, have been pulled and pointed with fine for fracturing a speed limit and the lovely police officer said nothing about it
gulfstream11:
Where abouts in Cornwall are you VC.. Anywhere near Hayle??.
I,m back down there for my mates birthday,He,s having a big bash with 6 bands could get you invited if interested.
Gulf
Navigation
[0] Message Index
[#] Next page
[*] Previous page
Go to full version