All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area
plate concerns
VC:
moschops is down here in september too..... :drinking:
john_o:
its a balance of risk if you choose to run a non std plate.
I run a front 2/3rds plate and love it, std rear. Had one fine so far in nearly 2 yrs.
However as Boothmeister alluded to , the law is gonna change and for me the balance will have tipped to far and Ill change.
A fine I can handle , a definite 3 points (or more) is definitely not worth it.
You make a choice and take the risk as GolfGirl says :happy2:
RedRobin:
^^^^
Agree completely :happy2:
It's the chavs and also the pretentious ones who have altered fonts and spacing which have spoilt it for the rest of us :fighting:
no golf clubs at all:
I still think that a black background and silver font would look great...dont really care about the spacing.
I had German Euro plates (and font) on mine when I purchased it, needless to say my experience for the pedantry that oozes from Strathclydes finest made that my very first mod. Got some cheapos on ebay...but now I'm getting some quality marks made up from a local shop. All legal and spaced correctly.
RedRobin:
--- Quote from: no golf clubs at all on June 25, 2009, 09:54:54 am ---
I still think that a black background and silver font would look great...dont really care about the spacing.
--- End quote ---
....Probably because I'm old enough to have had cars in the era of silver font on black metal, I think they are very dated and don't look right/appropriate on modern cars. They also devalue and disrespect the older cars imo. I don't understand adding old metal plate technology to a modern piece of engineering.
But each to their own :happy2:
Navigation
[0] Message Index
[#] Next page
[*] Previous page
Go to full version