All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

plate concerns

<< < (7/8) > >>

no golf clubs at all:
"disrespect to older cars"....  :signLOL: you old hippy   :wink:   :wink: never thought of that at all...

Not metal, I was talking the more modern plastic kind, in ye shoppe (and up on the wall) they look good at least.  I would never have the bottle though due the easy pickings it gives the local (and highly respected) constabularly.

Like shooting fish in a barrel and all that...also helps get their pension fund up a bit and allows them to show that they have been busy all day and not just eating donuts in a lay-by.....  :wink:



RedRobin:

--- Quote from: no golf clubs at all on June 25, 2009, 10:26:09 am ---
"disrespect to older cars"....  :signLOL: you old hippy   :wink:   :wink: never thought of that at all...


--- End quote ---

.... :laugh: :signLOL: :laugh: - Nice one! Those hippy days were fun.


--- Quote from: no golf clubs at all on June 25, 2009, 10:26:09 am ---
Not metal, I was talking the more modern plastic kind, in ye shoppe (and up on the wall) they look good at least.  I would never have the bottle though due the easy pickings it gives the local (and highly respected) constabularly.


--- End quote ---

....I haven't seen so many of those but can imagine that some might be very well styled.


--- Quote from: no golf clubs at all on June 25, 2009, 10:26:09 am ---
Like shooting fish in a barrel and all that...also helps get their pension fund up a bit and allows them to show that they have been busy all day and not just eating donuts in a lay-by.....  :wink:


--- End quote ---

....I'm tempted to but I ain't gonna rise to that one, mate. Let's just say that I don't begrudge them the occasional doughnut - The job is much harder than most people realise.

spikeydoo:
I have been running with misplaced plates for approximately 4 years & never been pulled, stopped or questioned by the police - standard font just the space in the wrong place.

However turning up to my local dvla office with said plates on the car, application to transfer in hand, was, with hindsight stupid :ashamed:

I disagree with comments about plates I'm a fancy plate lover & proud - within reason as long as the fon't isn't stupid

Dvla charge a fortune to buy plates that look like names, words etc – even have auctions to push the price of plates up further, and then accompany that with the stick if you misrepresent them then they’d rather you didn’t buy them, but we’ll still charge you for the privilege.   :angry015:

RedRobin:

--- Quote from: spikeydoo on June 25, 2009, 12:19:06 pm ---
I disagree with comments about plates I'm a fancy plate lover & proud - within reason as long as the fon't isn't stupid

Dvla charge a fortune to buy plates that look like names, words etc – even have auctions to push the price of plates up further, and then accompany that with the stick if you misrepresent them then they’d rather you didn’t buy them, but we’ll still charge you for the privilege.   :angry015:


--- End quote ---

....99% of the illegal fonts are stupid and make the owner look a bit of a twit.

The smart and coolest thing to do is to have totally legal plates but buy one which still communicates something individual rather than gobblygook. Those are the plates which DVLA are selling and you don't need to mis-space them etc etc. Keep it subtle - The rest is either chavvy or snotty pretentious - No real class.

[imo of course]

joesgti:
i hate gay itallic writing on plates, now that looks cheap and agree with robin, makes the owner look like a tw@t!

but german plates FTW!!  :signLOL:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version